Finally Finish CCVP

So I finally finished up my CCVP with this last Tuc exam... Now I am taking a week and half off of studying and then on too the CCIE written.. I have been procrastinating for along time about finally getting my ccvp..

So pretty much I just want to say thanks to every one here... You guys questions and comments have help me keep motivated...

So thanks once again...

( Now I am going out to buy a new motorcycle.... I told my self I couldn't buy another one until i passed the CCVP..)
The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.

Comments

• shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats and good luck on the written!!
  • FlyingputFlyingput Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Enjoy the new motor!

Please let us know the CCVP job market if possible...
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    Now I am going out to buy a new motorcycle.
    Or you could buy one heck of a CCIE Voice Lab (including a 6500) and still have enough $$$ to power it for a year or two. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz on the CCVP mate!!! I'm on the same page about procrastinating towards my CCNP...... Keep getting torn away for other things.... icon_sad.gif

Enjoy the new bike!!! Looking to go for my bike license soon..... What bike are you looking at getting??

or you could alway take Mike's advice and buy the killer lab!!!! icon_lol.gif

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    More power to ya on bulldozing through the CCVP tests. icon_thumright.gif It can be so easy to let it all slide to the back burner.

So, are you already in the IT field, or will you soon be out hunting in the job-jungle with your CCVP? If employed, what does your employer think of your imminent new cert? A ho-hum or a come-into-my-office-when-you-get-it?

Let us know how you do on your TUC. Try not to scream out too loud when you see the "Congratulations!" at the end of the test! Btw, of the four tests you've taken so far, which was the most time-consuming to study for?

Good luck!
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    Thanks for everyones comments...

mikej412
    you could buy one heck of a CCIE Voice Lab

I know right.... That is the first thing that comes to my mind... actually i want a NM-CUE for my 2800's... But sadly I need something other then computers.... i am going crazy and my current bike is always broken... with brings me to the next Answer to a question ...

A.P.A
    What bike are you looking at getting??

I have a CBR 600 right now... but I use too stunt the crap out of that bike.. so i have that one... but I am looking at getting a cruiser... went and test drove a Harley nightster.....was nice... so I will probably pick that one up... I have been riding street bikes for almost 10 years... So I think it might be time to calm down... ( at least that is what my girlfriend keeps saying)

Crunchyhippo
    So, are you already in the IT field

Yes, I have been in the field for just over 3 years... I am asked to do anything that has the word Cisco written on it... or deals with Networking/Security/Wireless/Voice/etc... So I get a pretty broad scope of jobs... but it keeps things fresh ... if you are looking for job that is just voice... I would think you would be hard pressed to find one... But good luck...

Once again thank you to everyone for your help.
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    my current bike is always broken...
    Which is PERFECT!!! It leaves more time for studying for the Voice CCIE!!! :D

Actually, i was thinking about gas prices and suddenly had visions of motorcycles covering the streets of Chicago as far as the eye could see -- in Winter with 6 inches of snow on the ground and the riders bundled up like polar bears against the minus 20 wind chill. icon_lol.gif

Yeah, you probably should get the motorcycle -- but all the money you save on gas goes toward funding your CCIE Voice preparation and exams. icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    I live in TX ... so snow to us... it like less then half and inch...( its really not even snow.)

Now I probably won't save any money with gas prices... even at like 55mpg... Financing and gas ='s no savings... but at least it will be entertaining... Ooh well I need to start thinking of what exactly i want to add to my lab.... ( ATA's)(NM-CUE)(upgrade 3810's) etc... I have enough vmbox's that I really don't have a problem...But more ram would be nice...