Options

More questions regarding the CCNA Exam

mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
Hi guys,

I'm curious if during the exam if they ask you questions about individual models of switches. Meaning, does the exam expect you to know which features are on different series of routers? ISR routers, 2600 switches, 3560 swithes, etc????

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't taken the exam so I'm not speaking from experience. But I could not fathom why Cisco would want different models and their capabilities to be known. They push so many products for so many different types of devices, I believe that for the CCNA, you will only be required to know how to configure the routers to work.

Again, these are just my thoughts... feel free to correct me!

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
    no i think the CCNA is based on the 2960 switch
    NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    niter3 wrote:
    Hi guys,

I'm curious if during the exam if they ask you questions about individual models of switches. Meaning, does the exam expect you to know which features are on different series of routers? ISR routers, 2600 switches, 3560 swithes, etc????
    no this is not part of the exam
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    bone_matalebone_matale Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I haven't taken the exam so I'm not speaking from experience. But I could not fathom why Cisco would want different models and their capabilities to be known. They push so many products for so many different types of devices, I believe that for the CCNA, you will only be required to know how to configure the routers to work.

Again, these are just my thoughts... feel free to correct me!

~Peanut Head

you don't need to kno about specific feature just general configuration knowledge and some of the IOS command differences.
    Anything is possible wit a lil Hard work