Trouble installing SQL Server 2005 SP2

ZoomerZoomer Member Posts: 126
I installed SP2 and everything seemed to work fine. I restarted the server and went to the "About" section and it says that Management Studio is running version 9.00.3042.00 which is SP2 I presume. Now when I click on server properties under object explorer t still says "SQL Server 9.0.1399 - Server_Test\User" One of our programmers can't run some software because it is still asking for SP2.

Any suggestions? I skimmed over the documentation, but couldn't find anything.

Comments

• NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    There's actually a problem with the 9.00.3042.00 version, please see here for the fix.

Hope this helps

-Ken
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are you sure you updated all of the SQL 2005 components? When you run the install wizard for the SP everything that needs an update SHOULD be checked by default, but maybe the database server wasn't checked.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I've ran into serious installation problems with 2k5 twice...once on a 2k3 server, once on XPsp2.

I googled and posted threads here and there and everywhere. Both cases just wound up installing on other machines. IDK the install is buggy...im sure if you've googled it, you know that already.
  • ZoomerZoomer Member Posts: 126
    I initially ran the update through GFI LANguard. It said it updated SQL 2005 correctly, then after the complaint I ran it from the exe. I selected to update the database which said "Upgradeable". However I get an error halfway through. I can't look at it right now because it's in use.