Options

COMPTIA A+ Hardware exams

cjsierracjsierra Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I am planning on sitting for the COMPTIA A+ hardware in about 2 months. I'm hoping to study online and sit for the exam , so i was wondering if the practice tests on techexams is enough for me to sit for this exam?

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    The tech notes and practice tests here are excellent but you are going to want more resources than this. I really liked free-tests.com for this test. I would also recommend searching up a few more resources as well. Of course don't forget to check them against certguard.com to make sure they're legit! Good luck on the exam!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    cjsierra wrote:
    Hi all,

I am planning on sitting for the COMPTIA A+ hardware in about 2 months. I'm hoping to study online and sit for the exam , so i was wondering if the practice tests on techexams is enough for me to sit for this exam?

thanks.

You will want to have about 500 hours experience. Download the objectives from CompTIA and understand those inside and out. A couple books like Meyers and Sybex to assist in the prep.

Using practice exams is not the way to prepare for certification exams. Used as a gauge to measure ones current level of knowledge and highlight areas which need more prep is one thing. To use exams to get 'used' to the exam is bung. Start with the objectives. There is no reason to rush your preparation. Being good and being certified are two different things.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?