Options

UCM 6.x network teaming?

hedhrtshedhrts Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know where there is detailed documentation on ciscos web site about network teaming? There's tons of info on Microsoft based versions. All I've found so far is

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/5_0_4/iptpappa.html

and

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/6_0_1/op_system/administration/guide/iptp601_Copy.pdf

The "set network failover" command. It doesn't give details on the type of failover. Eg. load sharing, or fault tolerance. I'm assuming fault tolerance is the only option. Apparently the second nic "eth1" cannot be seen until this command is issued. It doesn't seem that it can be configured (haven't tried yet). If not, how are speed and duplex settings configured if they are to be nailed to a specific speed and duplex setting? According to the documentation

"set network nic eth0 ..." is th command to use, however ...

This command sets the properties for Ethernet interface 0. You cannot configure Ethernet interface 1.

Guess no one knows. For what it's worth, here is what I found on a MCS-7825.

1. The above links explain it all (not to well). Teaming on a linux platform on this server will work only in fault tolerance mode. Load sharing is not an option
2. If you nail the nic duplex and speed settings, the only speed options are 10 and 100 (these are gigabit nics). It'll only work in gigabit using the auto negotiate option.
3. Don't use a crossover cable from the server to the switch, because in auto negotiate mode everything will work, but if you nail the speed to a specific setting the link will go down (switch has auto x-over sensing). This one tossed me through the wringer for a while (p.s. I wasn't the one who installed the x-over cable).
4. Only ethernet 0 can be configured. Ethernet 1 will replicate ethernet 0 settings.
5. Lots of reading and searching web sites to find this solution.
6. This is NOT something learned in any course. I took the CIPT 5.0 course and nothing like this is even mentioned.
7. On to the next issues that aren't covered in any courses. Yes there are more.