Microsoft eLearning

astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
I finished reviewing 70-294 over the weekend and decided to move onto 70-297 and write both exams together sometime this month. I was looking at the free "eLearning" offer from Microsoft on the MCP site and decided "hey this could be useful" but then found out I had already taken advantage of it a year or two ago. But guess what, the course I had selected turned out to be Course 2282: Designing a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Active Directory® and Network Infrastructure, which maps to the exam objectives perfectly. Sigh, major procrastination in the past on my part with regard to getting certified...

So I started flipping through the eLearning course today and I have to say I am impressed by the content here. My past experience with eLearning (elementK back just after it got spun off from Ziff Davis University) was less than stellar. This is looking to be fairly decent and I was wondering if anyone else had ever taken any MS eLearning courses and what they thought of them. Are they consistently good (I know they're expensive relative to other options) and what was your experience?

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I think that's the exact same one I signed up for as well for my freebie. I thought it looked pretty good though I need to sit down and go over it in more detail now that I have some time.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Some of the MS elearning I've seen has been pretty good, and some of it was just OK.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    I used the MS e-Learning course for the 70-285 Exchange design exam. There were no other books or study guides available for that exam, so I thought I would use my free learning offer on that course. The only tricks were figuring out that the free discount code must be entered in lower case and then getting used to the navigation inside the course. Overall, I thought the course was very useful for the exam and I certainly couldn't beat the price.