fun TE facts! :)

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
Here is what I got so far:

There are ~26 members with the word 'Jedi' in thier name :)
jedi  
Jedi Knight 
JEDI-KNIGHT 
JEDI/TECH 
Jedi2155 
jedian 
jedibarneybarnes 
jedidagger 
jedidiah012 
jedidrw 
JediEnigma 
jedigeek 
jedijee 
jediknight 
JediM28 
jediman 
jedimastr 
jediren 
jedispock74 
jedisteve666 
jediweapon  
JediWireless 
jediz19 
jedi_5ive_11ven 
jedi_k9master 
jedi_master_tech
your turn!
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There are only a few thousand less posts in the CCNA/CCENT forum than all the MS forums combined.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    royal posted on june 4th at 5:10pm that he is hungry because he is hungry. At 5:11pm, royal goes to search for food to eat to rectify his issue. :)
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    dynamik wrote:
    There are only a few thousand less posts in the CCNA/CCENT forum than all the MS forums combined.

Which would be impressive except half of those posts are people asking for advice on what to purchase for a home lab...

Here is a personal one:
    I have passed the same number of IT exams in the 9 years BEFORE I joined TE as I have in the 6 months SINCE I joined. I guess this site works.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Really though, a fun fact. I joined this site when I had only an A+, Network+, and MCP+ and was still a noob with only 3 months of experience. Look at my join date. I've accomplished a LOT since I have joined. A lot of it is thanks to TE and being able to converse with people who share similar goals. Thanks TE!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    TE posters average 99.97 posts/day of which the moderators account for 12.24%

And coincidentally tomorrow is the 6th "birthday" of the new forums.

icon_thumright.gif
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    73 new members today so far.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I don't know how "fun" it is, but I was only A+ certified back in late October of 2005 when I first joined this forum. I took Security+ that Halloween, and went on to do MCSA, CCNA, Linux+, and not nearly enough drugs. Career-wise, I'd just come off a job at CompUSA, working as a PC technician, and had just started a job doing helpdesk work for Kaiser Permanente. In the time since, I've worked as a systems engineer in the NOC of a datacenter/ISP, and as a systems administrator for an IT outsourcing firm.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Slowhand, were you at Kaiser when they did their Citrix rollout? That was probably the most badly managed project I've ever seen/heard about. :)
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I remember the spring/summer of 2006 on TE when a whole gang of us joined and was pursuing MS certs, royal (I think he was called rcroyal then?), lukequake are ones that come to mind, Mark (sprkymrk) were providing lots of help and support!

Like many of us, I started with just my A+ & MCP working as a PC tech at a local computer shop, today I have a few more certs, completed my B.Sc. and is managing a mid-sized multi-vendor network with more than 50 switches, routers and firewalls.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
    astorrs wrote:
    Slowhand, were you at Kaiser when they did their Citrix rollout? That was probably the most badly managed project I've ever seen/heard about. :)
    Thankfully, I was gone by the time the Citrix demon reared its ugly head. The funny thing is, I was supposed to be working on security issues and virus remediation for Kaiser, since so many hospitals had issues with people bringing in laptops and/or not properly patching machines. The one I worked for was one of the few that didn't have these issues, so they just kept me on doing helpdesk work. Badly organized. . . that's putting it mildly.

• HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    From the acronyms of certifications contained in the forum listings, only two do not have a single letter in common with [url]www.techexams.net:[/url]

PDI and LPI

This random fact was brought to you by the Fraternity of Sheer Boredom!
    Good luck to all!
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    From the acronyms of certifications contained in the forum listings, only two do not have a single letter in common with [url]www.techexams.net:[/url]

PDI and LPI

This random fact was brought to you by the Fraternity of Sheer Boredom!
    I don't know if the fact that you figured that out makes me laugh, or just want to cry. . . a lot. icon_lol.gif

• HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Slowhand wrote:
    I don't know if the fact that you figured that out makes me laugh, or just want to cry. . . a lot. icon_lol.gif

Me, too, man... Me, too... icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    There are 395 threads still contining the word "****." Most of them refer to dumping data and the rest are large numbers of members on the offense against even the mention of the term as a possibility. A great testament to the quality of members here and the moderation of this board as I see it.
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Not got much to add so i'll just add this:
    Domain Name: techexams.net

Created on..............: Fri, Mar 22, 2002
    Expires on..............: Sun, Mar 22, 2009
    Record last updated on..: Tue, Apr 17, 2007
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Fun fact: I don't know what I'm doing!
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Fun fact: This month is the 6th anniversary of TechExams.net. icon_cheers.gificon_jokercolor.gifdrunken_smilie.gif
    JDMurray wrote:
    Fun fact: This month is the 6th anniversary of TechExams.net. icon_cheers.gificon_jokercolor.gifdrunken_smilie.gif

Less fun fact: I've only been here 15 months

<== TE Noob icon_sad.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    dynamik wrote:
    Less fun fact: I've only been here 15 months

<== TE Noob icon_sad.gif
    May be, but you'll get to 4000 posts before I do. icon_lol.gif
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Top ten posters as of 6/06/08.

1 Webmaster 52n31, 6e06 05 Jun 2002 8493
    2 sprkymrk Charleston, SC 21 Feb 2006 4688
    3 mikej412 Chicago NW 'burbs 23 May 2005 4201
    4 JDMurray Surf City USA 06 Jul 2003 3679
    5 Ricka182 Somewhere in Time.... 15 May 2003 3340
    6 janmike Springville IN 11 May 2003 2884
    7 dynamik St. Paul, MN 13 Mar 2007 2858
    8 Plantwiz here 02 Feb 2005 2597
    9 royal Chicago, IL 14 Jul 2006 2382
    10 Slowhand Bay Area, CA 25 Oct 2005 2081

I am at 30, right bellow my username is bellboy who I have never seen post here before.

Another one, the first 150 people who joined techexams have 0 posts (excluding webmaster) and the first user to join was on June 6th 2002 and his username was Adam.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    Ohh I didn't tell you Jedi is my MIDDLE name Michael "Jedi Mind Tricks" Knight
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ohh I didn't tell you Jedi is my MIDDLE name Michael "Jedi Mind Tricks" Knight

ok ok, 27 users with Jedi!

actually the stat is 26 usernames that START with JEDI. Im way too lazy to go through all the names w/jedi in them.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is there anyway to see how many users have been exiled from techexams since the beginning? icon_eek.gif
    gojericho0 wrote:
    Is there anyway to see how many users have been exiled from techexams since the beginning? icon_eek.gif

I'm sure Webmaster has some stats somewhere. It's probably a lot because of all the spammers. I don't think us mere mortals can find that information publicly available though.

However, more prominent members such as Darby and Aquabat have earned themselves the [banned] suffix icon_lol.gif

Those are the only two in the top 200 posters.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    oh I didn't know aqua was actually banned... I knew he didn't have that great of a reputation.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What'd he do?
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    He was what we in the industry refer to as a jackass.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    He was what we in the industry refer to as a jackass.

That sums it up nicely. Basically, he just wasn't able to have a rational conversation and was quite immature. He got banned (I assume) for the thread where he tore into a bunch of moderators and made things personal. That thread no longer exists, but this thread is representative of his style: http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30580

That's definitely worth a read, just for Keatron's response.