Options

Use MCTS exam as an elective?

j2000proj2000pro Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, I was wondering, if you use an MCTS exam, such as the 70-620 as an elective for the MCSE or MCSA, when the TS cert expires after the product goes end of life, does that invalidate your MCSE/MCSA? I know it may seem like a stupid question, I've googled extensively and can not find an answer. Thanks in advance to any who take the time to respond :D

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    No, MCSA and MCSE certs do not expire. Once you have them they are yours to keep.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Which changes with MCITP which expires when the product is no longer in mainstream support.

Here's the lifecycle policy from Microsoft's site:
    The Support Lifecycle policy is designed to help take the guesswork out of the length of time Microsoft provides support for a product. For Business and Developer products, Microsoft standardizes a minimum of 10 years of support. The lifecycle combines 5 years of Mainstream Support or 2 years after the successor product (N+1) is released, whichever is longer and 5 years Extended Support or 2 years after the second successor product (N+2) is released, whichever is longer. For Consumer, Hardware, and Multimedia products, Microsoft standardizes a minimum of 5 years of Mainstream Support or 2 years after the successor product (N+1) is released, whichever is longer. Products that release new versions annually will receive 3 years of Mainstream Support. Extended Support is not offered for Consumer, Hardware, and Multimedia products, and for products that release new versions annually. For information about end-of-support dates and any Extended support options (if applicable) for all products, visit the Select a Product for Lifecycle Information site (products listed by Product Family) or the Support Lifecycle Index site.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks