Outlook protection

amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
Hi people.

I know theres some setting in outlook express that warns you if another program is trying to send an email. But I seem to be getting the same in outlook too. Anyone know where to look to turn it off please?

Its driving me mental as the programs supposed to be sending an email out.

Cheers guys.

AAA :D
Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )

Comments

• thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
    I haven't dealt with this for quite some time, but I remember "back in the day" there were no Outlook settings that you could edit for this.

I think I used a program to accomplish this.. clickyes or similar.. someone else may have a better memory about this than me.

-Travis
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    First you will need to create an Outlook Security Template using the Outlook Admin Pack.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011401761033.aspx

Then you will need to save the template in a Public Folder. We save ours in All Public Folders\Outlook Security Settings as a template named Default Security Settings. Then you will need to push out a registry key to your users:

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Security
    Binary Value: CheckAdminSettings
    Setting: 1

This will force Outlook to look at the security template you created earlier.
    http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/general/0,295582,sid43_gci1252299,00.html

(This will only work with Outlook XP or later)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What version of Outlook? I'm in 2007, and if I go to help and search for warning, it's the third result.
    Prevent this security warning from appearing again

Under certain conditions, installing an antivirus program and keeping it updated regularly might prevent this security warning from appearing again. The conditions are as follows:

Your antivirus software must be compatible with Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). Check with your antivirus software vendor.

Your antivirus software must be updated regularly. Most antivirus programs enable you to get automatic updates when you are online. Check with your antivirus software vendor.

Your antivirus software is configured to share its update status with other applications. Typically, antivirus programs share their update status with other applications by default. To check the update status setting, look in the preferences or options for your antivirus program, or check with your antivirus software vendor.

Office Outlook 2007 relies on the Windows Security Center to check for the presence of the antivirus program and update its status.

If your antivirus software subscription expires or has been inactive, you might get the security warning again when a program attempts to access Outlook.

Edit: Nice info Claymoore!