Options

digit discard- predot question

mysql1988mysql1988 Member Posts: 115
if I have a number lets say

I understand the 9 will be discarded off. But my question is, how is that configured to route on an H.323 gateway device.

do you configure it as, I suppose this will work
dial-peer voice 1 pots
destination pattern T
port 1/0/1

or
dial-peer voice 1 pots
destination pattern .T   
port 1/0/1

Comments

• Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would do:

dial-peer voice 1 pots
    destination pattern 9.T
    port 1/0/1

Then the 9 will be discarded.
  • Options
    LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    I guess it all depends on what you are doing... One simple problems I see with that configuration is that if a user dials 911 it will have to wait for the default interdigit time out before the call is placed... And that is why T should only be used with proper supporting dial-peers...(in the real world .. but for testing...T accomplishs simple dial plans.)
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Options
    True but we create a dial peer just for 911 on all of our branch gateways to get around that..
  • Options
    Just for clarification ... you run into the same problem with 7 and 10 digit dialing as well as long distance... You will also run into more problems if you have any kind of long distance provider authentication with out 3rd party prompts. Not to mention the inability to run a proper CAC on inbound/outbound dial peers in a H.323 dial-peer
    And that is why T should only be used with proper supporting dial-peers

But as long as you are aware of the limitations and the dial plan design you should be ok with running the T in your dial plan.
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Options
    Hmm interesting...

So do you suggest creating a seperate dial peers for 7, 10, LD and International?

so something like...

dial-peer voice 1 pots
    description Local Calling
    destination pattern 9[2-9].....
    port 1/0/1

etc..
  • Options
    Actually yes, I really haven't found any reason not too.. Simple because of the flexibility of the dial plan for any use that might arise.. Granted it's alittle more work and also if you are not using a defined inbound dial-peer I would think about looking into one of those two... Just keeps everything clean and neat...
  • Options
    Kewl Kewl..

Oh btw.. Sorry mysql1988 for high jacking your thread...
  • Options
    Ya sorry mysql1988... you might want to read over destination patter matching... you can usually find this information on creating/managing Dial-plan's...Remember there are slight differences between H323 and Call Manager symbols that are used so be aware of that when reading....And at first stick with simple digit matching don't get into translation patterns until you are completely ready... It will get confusing fast...