Options

CCNP BSCI/642-901 Exam Router Syntax help

CisnetCisnet Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello
Have any of you taken the BSCI/642-901 recently.If so I would like to no if in the Exam the Router Sim's offer the Syntax help.
Thanks in advance
Regards

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Yes, but it is limited
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    Hello
    Thanks a lot for the reply!I am ask because I took the BSCI on Tuesday.An during the Router's Lab .I have to do 2 way redistribution .I couldn't rember of my head if the comand for the Eigrp metric's.To my suprise there was no sytax help.I try with other commands but the Sim didn't support it at all.Can you please tell me from your experience what worked with you.
    Many Thanks
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    The built in help is very limited and you should not rely on it showing you anything useful.
  • Options
    Thanks again guys!Well I have to retake the exam.That mean I will have to remember most of the commands by heart.Tough way to go!!
    Regards
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The ? won't show a lot of the commands and options that you don't need for the SIM. And you won't see an option if Cisco doesn't want you to use it.

If you're using the question mark to remember a command or option and you don't see it, reread the question -- you may have missed a hint about answering the question using a different command or method.

I had a SIM that wouldn't let me enter a valid command. When I used the ? it didn't show me the option. So I just accomplished the task using the "other way." I was annoyed, but since there were 2 ways of accomplishing the task -- and both were prominently mentioned in the Cisco Press books -- I decided that they were testing to see if I knew there were 2 ways to do it.

If you can't complete the SIM because the command is missing, and you can't think of another way, then hope it's a "ungraded question" that Cisco is "beta testing" and leave a comment telling them what command you thought was missing.

Good Luck icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The syntax help can 99% of the time help you do a lab that you otherwise might not remember how to do because like Mike said, it usually rules out most of the "wrong" commands and only gives you stuff that you need to complete the task.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Thanks very much guys!Things are clearer now.Maybe Cisco is right in some way.If you want to be a CCNP,you should know how to redistribute routing protocols with option.
    Best regards