Which practice tests?

goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
I am going to take my Security+ test on Monday. I have read several books and I am taking several practice tests. The range of differences I find between the practice tests is a bit of a concern for me. Most tests I do pretty well on (about the 85% or better range). The Transcender tests I only score in the 75% to 80% range. I have also taken some tests that I think are less well known that ask questions so bizarre that I am not sure what to think. Am I prepared enough for this exam?

Ed
Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP

Comments

• Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    Try the SELF TEST engine. I personally felt it was a great help.
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The Transcender exam is pretty basic, so if you're scoring that low, you should really review the material and keep working with it. I made sure I knew why each option for each question was or wasn't correct before I took the exam. This exam has a really high pass mark and is relatively expensive, so you really don't want to go into it unprepared.
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Thanks for the responses. I ended up with a couple extra days to study after all. Monday morning (the day of my scheduled exam) I got a call from the testing center. They needed to reschedule my appointment because of a "death in the family". I learned later it was actually one on the instructors who had past. (The exam center is a tecnical college). They rescheduled me for Wednesday(today). I was so sick of studying that I went ahead and took the exam. I passed with a 855 so I am thrilled with the result. I did review the test carefully. I eliminated answers as well as clecting the correct ones. I think that helped a lot with those I was unsure of.

Thanks again. see you in the forums

Ed
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP