Options

Which practice test is better?

BZ3BZ3 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone here used both Transcender AND self test software practice exams at some point before? Is there any difference between the two?

Self Test Software runs alot cheaper but looks like it might be the same. Im trying to save a few bucks here icon_confused.gif
Life wasn't meant to be spent sitting in a cubicle all day listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    For which certification exams?
  • Options
    BZ3BZ3 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im going after A+ followed by Net+ and then CCNA
    Life wasn't meant to be spent sitting in a cubicle all day listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They're both owned by Kaplan IT learning. Transcender gives you a little more, but they also cost a little more. I personally go with Transcender. Either one is a decent amount of money, and I want to be as prepared for the exam as possible, so I don't see any reason to skimp a little bit there. Others say good things about STS too though, so you'll have to decide based on your budget and the other resources you're using.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik, what does Transcender add to the STS practice tests?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    $40 icon_lol.gif

I only looked into it briefly awhile ago, so the details are kind of fuzzy. I don't think they simply add to the STS material. For example, Transcender 70-270 is 175 questions and 435 flashcards while STS is 210 and 322, respectively. It might simply be the level of detail in the questions.

However, most of my experience has been with the 2003 MCSE material. They were bought by Kaplan in 2003, which would mean that the practice exams developed around that time were from different companies. I'm not sure if the practice exams that have been developed since the two companies came together are more similar or not.