Options

Home Lab Setup

fid500fid500 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello

I am new to CCVP and in the process of trying to setup a home lab. I have installed call manager 6 on VMWARE and DHCP on windows 2003 server. I have one 1760 V router with 2 FXS , FXO ports and two Ethernet ports, one 3640 Router with no PVDM and two 3550 switches.

I have two VLANS 101 and 201 one on each switch. My PH1 and IP COmmunicator on PC1 are able to rigester on CCM and able to make calls in between. However, PH2 and IP COMM on PC2 are not able to register. I even added them to CCM and no luck. Both PH2 and PC2 are able to get an IP address in their respective vlan and tftp server ip address, which points to CCM. PC2 able to ping nic on CCM host and PC1.
Do I have to configure both routers as gateways? Do I have to get a PVDM for 3640 router?
Please help if you can

Thank you

This is my actual setup
lab.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You don't need PVDMs if you're using the same codec all over. So that won't be an issue until you actually try to make a call and want to treat that serial link like a real WAN and use a compressed codec.

Even though you're using 6.x on VMWare, this link for 3.x and 4.x troubleshooting should point you in the right troubleshooting direction: Troubleshooting Cisco IP Phone Registration Problems with Cisco CallManager 3.x and 4.x

Which step in that doc for the Phone Registration Process are you failing at?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    I checked the status on the phones and it showed tftp timeout error. I used wireshark and showed that both phones were requesting the configurations files, but no response from the tftp server
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you able to ping the UCM server from PC2? Do you have static routes configured on the routers or a routing protocol? Do you have a default gateway on the UCM server? Is the link between the routers treated as a data connection or is it the a TDM voice circuit?

Need input icon_wink.gif
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    I did verify the Gateway ip address on call manger and it shows (Gateway : none). I tried to add the Gateway ip address by issuing the command "set network gateway addr 10.10.101.1". It show that command was executed successfully. But the ip address is not retained. When I issue the command "show network eth0 details", it still shows Gateway:none.

Is there a way to force the Gateway addr ?
  • Options
    Sorry. Mymistake. I typed the wrong command

The command shold have been "set network gateway 10.10.101.1" instead of "Set network gateway addr 10.10.101.1"

now i am able to register phones from other vlans
    Thank you
  • Options
    FlyingputFlyingput Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    fid500,

Could you tell me the WAN connection type, T1-T1 or DTE-DCE.... Thanks!