Options

Training job RFC - tips and tricks, how to be effective

IncInc Member Posts: 184
To keep intro short - I was offered an opportunity to join a training team.

Training is in IT field and held as presentation and hands-on labs approximately 60%/40%

There was an audition where I gave short presentation and speech so my perfomance can be measured and it was satisfactory enough to make me a final offer which I accepted. There were some minor drawbacks, as a little too short introduction and some other aspects.

There is one thing though - I want to give my listeners highest possible (from perspective of my capabilities, of course) added value from this course.

And based of all aforementioned arises the question - how can this goal be achieved?

What I have done so far:

1. Refreshed my presentation skills
2. Downloaded reading material on presentation skills for consideration
3. Browsed through various pedagogic resources seeking for "adult education"
4. Found materials about oral communication and read them
5. Read "Habits to Differentiate Good From Poor Listening"

Why am I doing that? My goal is to give information in interesting and understandable form, so that time is spent productively. There have been a few times in my experience, where people with technical expertise but lack of communication skills couldn't deliver a information through presentation in meaningful form.

Please, comments are welcome. If you can recommend reading material, please do so :)

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    It sounds like you are trying to achieve what every salesman wants as well. There are many sales presentation training courses that teach people how to present information to an audience in an informative and entertaining way regardless of what they are trying to sell. I find that successful instructors and salesmen have many of the same qualities, and both make you believe in what they are selling.
  • Options
    IncInc Member Posts: 184
    To make people believe in something, you have to believe in it yourself. But this is not the case :)

I would much appreciate more input on the subject matter.