Options

Unity Voicemail licencing

mysql1988mysql1988 Member Posts: 115
How does one go about getting unity voicemail licence?

The ones that come one that comes with unity is only a demo licence for 2 ports
can someone point me to the specific cisco site where I can obtain it?

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Q. How do I register online to request my license key?

A. Go to the Downloads Customer Registration page ( registered customers only) in order to obtain your Digital License Agreement (DLA) or software activation key. When you access this page, scroll down to the Voice Products section, locate the Cisco Unity Software section, and choose either New License Registration or Upgrade License Registration for your product version.

Provide the required information. After registration, retain this document with your Cisco Unity software records. This information can be required by Cisco Technical Support.

* Organization—Enter all requested fields.
    * Product Authorization Key (PAK)—Enter the PAK exactly as it appears on the sticker located on your Cisco Unity CD jewel case or serial number card, for example: UNTY-XX-XX-XXXXXX.

A. Complete the steps in this procedure in order to find and enter the MAC address for the network interface card (NIC) in the Cisco Unity server:

1. Choose Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt on the server in order to install Cisco Unity.
    2. Enter ipconfig /all and press Enter in the Command Prompt window.
    3. Choose the value for Physical address, for example, 00-A1-B2-C3-D4-E, and type it into the text box as 00A1B2C3D4E for in this example. Enter the MAC address without any dashes or spaces.

Note: If the server contains more than one NIC, one value appears for each NIC. Scroll to the top of the window, and choose the value for the first NIC.

A. Complete these steps:

1. Enter the serial number printed on your dongle in the Serial Number field.
    2. Although it says the Currently Installed Key Code field is required, you can leave it blank.
    3. Choose Submit. You receive the needed license key within 24 hours.

From the Cisco Unity Licensing FAQ: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_qanda_item09186a0080094ce5.shtml
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Also if you don't have a license and this is for testing:
    Q. Are there any demo license files supported on Cisco Unity 4.0?

* Default license file in commserver—The default license file in commserver\licenses is a non-expiring license file licensed for two ports, 10 users, 30 seconds message length, and so forth.
    * Demo license file (for example, time expiring license file)—Cisco also introduced a time expiring license file in Cisco Unity version 4.0. The license file comes with 50 users with 16 sessions, set to expire in 60 days or 90 days. Go to Customer Registration in order to create the file. Keep in mind that you cannot register a second Cisco Unity demo license with the same MAC address on this web site.