Need Advice

wheelywheely Member Posts: 105
I need everyones advice on what I should do. I have actively been pursuing a job for the past six months and I can't seem to get anything. There are other opportunities in my state of residence, but none in my area.

I have found a few contracts but they are about 3-4 hours away. I was wondering if anyone has done contracts that lasted 6 months to a year and moved to that location for that period of time?

I guess my main question is if anyone has done this and if the company you were going to work for paid for your relocation for the first few months or if you could negotiate that with the employer?

Comments

• gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can always try to negotiate that in the contract. If they will not pay for it, explain to them you will need X amount of dollars more per hour to cover the expenses. Also make sure you take a look at their benefits package, you may have to negotiate more money for that as well if you are charging you and arm and leg.

If this all works out, and it wouldn't be a real big hassle to move I say go for it. Especially if the area you are moving to has more opportunity. I'm sure you would meet quite a bit of contracts from the client you will be working with.