Options

30 day countdown...

flurrballflurrball Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I've been trying to get a job for months, and I finally talked with a company that will hire me....if I get my 70-270 in 30 days. I already have Sybex Fast Pass, CBTNuggets, and the Transcender exam pack, I was just curious if there are any other books or training material that are concise enough that I can get the info in 30 days. I have some XP with XP (lawl), but I don't want to underestimate it, and I definitely don't want to fail, since the closest testing center is 3 and a half hours away, and I'm really poor right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    i used exam cram cbt nuggets transcenders and dont forget the TECHNOTES!! they help!!
    make sure to read the questions carefully.. they're tricking i just passed my two weeks ago.. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    flurrball wrote:
    I already have Sybex Fast Pass, CBTNuggets, and the Transcender exam pack,

Add to these the Technotes from this site and you should be good to go, 30 days should be plenty just dont skimp on the study thinking you have time to do it later.

Stick to atleast 1-2 hours a day and I cant see why you would have any problems!

Increase this the less experience you have with XP, if things like unattended backups, sysprep, NTFS, EFS, ACPI mean nothing to you you will need to bulk up the hours.

Good Luck!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    Thanks guys, so do I even need the MS Press or can I do without it?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Transcender should show you where you have gaps in your knowledge. You can always use Technet or Google to research that topic and fill in the gaps yourself. I'm not sure about the Sybex book, but the MS Press book does have some good exercises that will really help reinforce the material. Get as much hands-on as you can!

And yes, it's entirely possible to do that in 30 days. Good luck!
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I agree with the above posts. 30 days, studying an hour or so a day (depending on your experience) should be sufficient. The MS press books are good, but you should have plenty with what you got now and maybe adding technotes and/or cramsessions free study guides.

Good luck!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I suggest MSPress(comes with measureup practice tests) and transcender. Study like crazy on weekends when you have little to do.

Aside from technotes, also check these out:

itidiots.com
    http://onlinetraining.goodwillsocal.org/files/frameset.html (IE only)
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/evaluation/demos/sims/dayinlife/viewer.htm

Oh, and if it gets tough...don't take the easy way out and use any braindumps. icon_wink.gif
    Just study hard and take lots of notes(I had 40 pages of handwritten)[/url]
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    Whoops, I said I had Transcender, but I actually have TestOut, does that make much of a difference?
  • Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    flurrball wrote:
    Whoops, I said I had Transcender, but I actually have TestOut, does that make much of a difference?

I find Transcender is harder and closer to the exam material.