Options

Something NEW

So after the last thread about how this forum doesn't see as much activity as others... I figured I would try something... So I am going to try and post a new question every 48 hours... And see who answers correctly first... ( it would be nice if we could figure out how to do a point system...Just a thought)... But don't just point to Cisco Doc's either... give answers in your own words!!!

I will start with something Simple...

Question 1:

What is the difference between CSS and a CAS signaling.
The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Both are made up of 3 letters.

While CSS contains 3 consonants, it only contains 2 unique letters, the S repeats.

CAS on the other hand is formed by replacing the first S with a vowel, an A in this case, and all 3 letters are unique.

Do I win?
  • Options
    LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    See this is why we need a point system...

I give you 5 gold stars... Don't spend them all on one shirt!!!
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    See this is why we need a point system...

I give you 5 gold stars... Don't spend them all on one shirt!!!
    Aww. . . I wanted a stuffed pig. Damn, I'll have to be faster next time.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Lucky, in your honor for sponsoring this awesome contest I have selected the following shirt...

caffeine.jpg

I had to kick in a few extra stars, they wanted $14.99 for the shirt and $22.36 for the shipping... WTF? icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CCS, or Common Control Signaling, is an out of band signaling method. This is contrast to Channel Associated Signaling. CAS is often referred to as "borrowed bit signaling" because it uses bits from IP packets for signaling. CCS uses one data channel to carry the signaling for multiple bearer channels.

I'll have a pony please.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Ok - very good answer... But I want to know what you guys thing... ( how hard are we going to make these and how detailed do we want the answers??? ) Least Significant Bits/Signaling types/etc....

Oh do you guys want to make new threads for each question...( I have seen what happens if you try to add questions to one thread... gets ugly)
  • Options
    mysql1988mysql1988 Member Posts: 115
    CAS- framming bits used for signaling from the channels (rob bitt signaling)

CSS- has a dedicated channel for signalling (D-channel)
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you guys are trying to get dibs on browny points! :P icon_lol.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

astorrs wrote:
    Lucky, in your honor for sponsoring this awesome contest I have selected the following shirt...

caffeine.jpg

I had to kick in a few extra stars, they wanted $14.99 for the shirt and $22.36 for the shipping... WTF? icon_eek.gif
    I not only own that shirt, I've got the sweater as well. Yes, I'm an addict. Now, where did I put that IV. . .

• Options
    At this point in my life... I honestly thing I might bleed caffeine ... I just cleared 14 AMP cans off one of my desk's and 5 starbucks cups... I have a real problem... ( We have a cleaning crew come once a week to this building too!!)

(** I know AMP is not a caffeine drink... Guarana) But still ...
  • Options
    At this point in my life... I honestly thing I might bleed caffeine ... I just cleared 14 AMP cans off one of my desk's and 5 starbucks cups... I have a real problem... ( We have a cleaning crew come once a week to this building too!!)

Don't you know that stuff'll kill you? icon_lol.gif

• Options
    Ya, but so will water if you drink enough.... I am on the back side of my recovery.....( I realize I have a problem and I don't care about trying to solve it any more... So it is almost not a problem any more.. :D )
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Slowhand wrote:

Don't you know that stuff'll kill you? icon_lol.gif

That's funny. My wife actually OD'd on coffee when she was around 16. She was doing an all-day study session and went through something like 3-4 pots in a relatively short period of time. By the end of it all, she was shaking uncontrollably and her family had to call the paramedics, and even the neighbors were stopping by to see what the fuss was about. The paramedics literally laughed at her when she told them what she ate/drank that day, and she was fine a short while later.
  • Options
    Ya, but so will water if you drink enough.... I am on the back side of my recovery.....( I realize I have a problem and I don't care about trying to solve it any more... So it is almost not a problem any more.. :D )
    Step #1
    We admitted we were powerless over caffeine - that our lives had become unmanageable.
  • Options
    It all depends on how you get your caffeine. I had to give up coffee because it was literally eating a hole in my stomach lining. At my former job I was an over-night noc tech (ran the whole ISP from 6pm to 6am) and got by with at least one pot of practically double-brewed dark roast coffee per night. I've since wised up and ditched coffee in exchange for tea. Tea not only provides caffeine, but stimulates both alpha and beta brain waves so that you get the focus of caffeine without the jitter, pardon the pun.

Now I drink 10-14 cups of green tea a day with zero negative health effects.
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    One pot thats it? How do you make it through the day? You should know sleep is no replacement for caffeine icon_lol.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    One pot thats it? How do you make it through the day? You should know sleep is no replacement for caffeine icon_lol.gif

12 cups per pot, double brewed, = the caffeine of 24 cups of coffee.
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Paul Boz wrote:
    It all depends on how you get your caffeine. I had to give up coffee because it was literally eating a hole in my stomach lining. At my former job I was an over-night noc tech (ran the whole ISP from 6pm to 6am) and got by with at least one pot of practically double-brewed dark roast coffee per night. I've since wised up and ditched coffee in exchange for tea. Tea not only provides caffeine, but stimulates both alpha and beta brain waves so that you get the focus of caffeine without the jitter, pardon the pun.

I used to drink a good bit of coffee throughout the day maybe not as much as a pot a day, but I too have found tea to be a great replacement. Mainly green tea but I do mix in some regular tea for the caffeine, and the amount of antioxidants in tea makes it just that much better than coffee.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    Tea not only provides caffeine, but stimulates both alpha and beta brain waves so that you get the focus of caffeine without the jitter, pardon the pun.

Not to mention it is a powerful antioxidant and thermogenic. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Honestly I just haven't found a tea I like.... ( plus I like the jitters)