Options

Not sure where to put this post...

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
I received word from Microsoft yesterday that I am now an MCT.

I know many people here do self-study. However, does anyone have an opinion as to which areas live training is more in demand?

My current plan is to focus on a couple of things...first, I will complete the MCTS for BizTalk 2006. This is because I have a customer that is wanting to deploy BizTalk for an SOA solution. Achieving this will qualify me for the BizTalk competency which means I can teach those classes.

Following that, I will likely pursue the MCITP for enterprise project management. Additionally, I have some progress toward the MCSE under my belt, and I might complete that path depending on what other work comes up.

Your thoughts about what areas of training are more in demand for live training are valued.

TIA,

MS

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    1. You can never go wrong with Off Topic ;)

2. Slow the hell down! You're going to discourage everyone the way you're piling on those certs.

3. Congratulations on MCT! You just had to transfer over your CTT+ and be an MCP, right?

4. Sorry I can't contribute anything to your actual question. Just to clarify, by areas you do mean types of technologies, not physical locations, right?
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I like the MCITP:EPM idea. I think you would be able to provide a client a good service in both designing their PMM, implementing their EPM toolset and then be able to offer on-site training to their internal staff.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dynamik wrote:
    1. You can never go wrong with Off Topic ;)

2. Slow the hell down! You're going to discourage everyone the way you're piling on those certs.

3. Congratulations on MCT! You just had to transfer over your CTT+ and be an MCP, right?

4. Sorry I can't contribute anything to your actual question. Just to clarify, by areas you do mean types of technologies, not physical locations, right?

Thanks. There is a list of credentials that Microsoft says qualify people for the MCT. I don't have the link because I've just changed to a new computer. One of them is MCP (70-301), which is MSF. The other part is providing them a copy of my CTT+ and $400.

By "areas", I do mean specific technologies.

Thanks,

MS
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Oh and I hope you enjoy your discount on future Microsoft exams (45-65% off). icon_cool.gif