Passed...Advice?

bperiodbperiod Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all...passed Sec+ on 6/14..895 icon_eek.gif
Used Sybex & Passport (watched TestOut, but wouldn't recommend)
I am somewhat new to the field..I was moved into our brand new InfoSec group from being a Senior Desktop Tech. about 8 months ago. I took up Secuirty+ to get my feet wet, however with my limited experience I'm hoping to get advice on my next cert? I was leaning toward CISA, however I don't have the experience? Pretty much all we've done so far is Information Security Reviews of our depts...so CISA seems logical. Anyway..sorry to ramble..any advice?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you looked at the (ISC)2 SSCP and/or CISSP at all? You can become an associate even if you don't meet the experience requirements.

www.isc2.org

CEH seems interesting, but that's more on the technical side of things.
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I want to get the CEH eventually for the attacker point of view. In my opinion, it can only help in understanding how security really works. If not that cert, I agree with Dynalink that the SSCP might be your next best bet. It doesn't sound like you meet the qualifications to take the CISSP (there are years of experience requirements that depend on your level of education). If you do meet the qualifications for that on, I say go for it. It may take some time but well worth it.

Good Luck to you
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP