Test day nightmare.... long rant

cinergytom_mcsecinergytom_mcse Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I knew this was going to happen...

Signed up to take my Network+ through Vue at the CompUsa by my place. This is my first cert, so I am leery/new to the whole process.

I planned to show up a half hour early, because I had a feeling something wouldn't go right with this test.

I go to sign in, and the proctor gives me a weird look. I told her I was signed up for a 1030 exam. She shuffles through her papers, and finds that I am indeed registered for the exam.

Then she non-chalantley, says, "There is a problem. You can't take your test today, there is an "A+" class all day." Stunned, but not angered, I ask how did this happen, is this Vue's fault, and should I not use them anymore. She quipped back, "I guess it's my fault. I forgot to block out the time slot. Can you reschedule for another day." Great, I take off work, prepare for this thing, my wife is in pre-labor, and now I have to reschedule?!

I kept talking to her, and during the conversation, I stated "I am not trying to blame anyone for this, I really need to take this today. Can i take it during their lunch hour."
She comes back with, "Yea you are, you are trying to blame me." <What a little Sh#t!> I was shocked that she got an attitude about something that WAS admittedly her fault.

Anyway, supposedly I can come back in a few hours. Regardless of if I can/can't take the test at noon, I am calling Vue and they are getting an earful.

I'll post later if I pass or fail.

RANT OVER

Comments

• matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    I understand how anyone can make a mistake. But if she admits it's her fault and then gets an attitude with you like that you have every right to be upset. I know I would have been.

I have to drive 200 miles round trip to take my exams at a college, if they were to tell me that I would be very upset!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'm sorry to hear about another horrible experience with a test center.

It seems to get out of hand lately, where do they get such incompetent people... icon_confused.gif I wish I could start a chain of TechExams test centers throuhgout the world :D cause it really seems like it would be easy to compete with such incompetence.

Obviously it is not a matter of the test center being Pearson VUE or Prometric, both have good centers and both seem to have test centers that shouldn't be allowed to examinate anything.

I agree, you should contact Pearson VUE regarding the whole issue,
    whatever happens. I hope you do OK and pass the exam!
  • kjmccoykjmccoy Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Perhaps a discount on the exam is in order. :D
  • cinergytom_mcsecinergytom_mcse Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I went home and cooled off for a few hours...

When I got back to CompUSA, the proctor was totally kissing up to me. I am still going to call Vue though.

On a good note...

I passed! I got an 860. I finally got my first cert.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • cinergytom_mcsecinergytom_mcse Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!

Oh yea, something I forgot to mention, that REALLY disturbed me about this place.

They provided me with all the scrap paper I needed, instead of a dry-erase board.

Then when the test was over, they gave me my printed Grade report, and said goodbye without taking my scrap paper back! Not even a mention of it, and it was clearly in my hands.

I was thinking I have half the test on those papers! It would have been too easy for me to jump to the "dark side," just use my memory for the other half of the test, and post it as a brain ****. <Sorry guys,lol>

The proctor was "training" a new proctor there, so I went back and handed the proctor-in-training my scrap paper, and told her to make sure that she collects the scrap paper from candidates in the future. The trainee had a blank look in her face, so I explained to her why it was important. Her trainer didn't even think to ask.

I wonder how many braindumps have come out of that place?
  • blackguymdblackguymd Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    If there's been one, it's too many.

Hey! Congrats on the patience, the heads up on the leaks, & most of all--
    The pass!--because you're the dude that did it!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congrats on the pass. it makes it feel all the more better too.

i had a similar situation with my a+ o/s exam. i arrived at the centre early and waited for what seemed like ages before somebody finally told me that the vingilator was off work sick and the usual cover was on holiday. i was given a voucher number to book the (what comptia calls a) retest icon_evil.gif

of course i passed it and i won't be back to that centre. that was a few years ago, and i'm sure they haven't changed.
    A+ Moderator
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Congrats man! I would have gone back pimp slapped her. Dave Cheppelle style! But....like I said, congrats :D
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!