Options

Just Got Back from Honeymoon Vacation

MACattackMACattack Member Posts: 121
Hello All,

Just came back from honeymoon. And Again I started my lab and everything, planning to take ONT exam on Sept. Anyway I need small help I am building a small ATM lab.

I'm new to ATM, here's my question? I have ATM sw1 172.16.1.1
ATM sw2 172.16.1.2
ok I got success ping... on both direction.

Now I configure routing protocols to able to learn both their connected networks but after configuring is does not work.. I can still ping both 172.16.0.0 netowkrs but others cannot.

Is there any thing I need to do so that it will reach other net.

sample:

R1 e0
e0ATMswitch_atm1
atm1 ATMswitch e0

hope it's clear thanks

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So you atm seems to be working fine if you can ping both ends.

What routing protocol are you using?

Can you display a sh ip int brief and sh ip route from both routers along with the display from a ping?
  • Options
    It is up both l1 and l2 , if I enter new networks like 10.0.0.0 on a f0/0 interface, ATM sw2 should learn that right? I am not familiar with ATM but just to test how ATM configuration works.

Planning to test the FRame-relay and ATM switch together....

But first I need to know some basic ATM config and should learn dynamic protocs[/i]
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Frame-relay\ATM wouldn't learn that because it only deals with layer 2 and is just concerned with the PVCs. Do you have a router connected at both ends of the atm switch?
  • Options
    FYI :

Configuring Frame Relay-ATM Interworking

The Frame Relay-ATM Interworking features enable Frame Relay and ATM networks to exchange data, despite differing network protocols. There are two types of Frame Relay-ATM Interworking:

•FRF.5 Frame Relay-ATM Network Interworking

•FRF.8 Frame Relay-ATM Service Interworking

For further general information about Frame Relay-ATM Interworking, see the "Wide-Area Networking Overview" chapter at the beginning of this book.

For a description of the commands used to configure Frame Relay-ATM Interworking, refer to the chapter "Frame Relay-ATM Interworking Commands" in the Cisco IOS Wide-Area Networking Command Reference. To locate documentation of other commands that appear in this chapter, use the command reference master index or search online.

To identify the hardware platform or software image information associated with a feature, use the Feature Navigator on Cisco.com to search for information about the feature or refer to the software release notes for a specific release. For more information, see the section "Identifying Supported Platforms" in the chapter "Using Cisco IOS Software."

For Cisco IOS Release 12.2, Frame Relay-ATM Interworking is supported on the following platforms and interface types:

•Cisco MC3810: T1/E1 ATM interface

•Cisco 3600 series routers: OC-3 and inverse multiplexing over ATM (IMA) network modules

•Cisco 2600 series routers: OC-3 and IMA network modules

•Cisco 7200 series routers: all Cisco 7200 series ATM interface types

FRF.5 Frame Relay-ATM Network Interworking