Options

Passed with a 799!

tigerthekidtigerthekid Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
First off, thank you to all posters out there. Long time lurker, first time poster :)

To anyone taking the exam, here are my observations:

Probably 70% of the exam was either backup or performance related.
Most of the simulations were Active Directory or file sharing/permissions management.

To study, I used the Microsoft 70-290 book, Transcender practice tests (which was a lot harder than the actual test), and of course, trolling these forums.

It took me about an hour from the time I sat down to the time I was walking out the door. It really wasn't that bad. I'm thinking I just got lucky or I over prepared and went in with the mentality I was going to fail, just in case.

If anyone has anymore questions, please ask! I'll be more than happy to try to answer them.

Next I'm going to knock out CompTIA Security+ real quick (should be easy since I know a lot of security anyways), then onto the 70-291.

Thanks again all :D
~J.J.~

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    khanman22khanman22 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on your pass. i took the security+ exam first before anything else about 6 weeks ago and i knew a lot about security as well. however, i would suggest that you study IDS a lot as it was about 30 percent or more of the test. i was surprised! i did manage to pull off a passing grade though.

good luck!
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! Don't underestimate the Security+ though. In my own personal opinion it was the hardest exam I've taken so far. Make sure you are familiar with ALL of the objectives.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    RikkuRikku Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congradulations!