Hard time finding a job

AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
Is it just me? Or is anyone else having trouble finding a job???

Comments

• AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    sorry i just feel like venting... I mean im looking for an entry level job.. I feel confident during the interviews... I have one year of tech support. Ive done stuff like cctv, help desk, cable pulls, hung projectors, test equipment, setup equipment, i.e. pa systems, also administer videoconference, computer repairs, images.. like ALOT of stuff.. I mean i left that job because it was at a univsersity that i was attending and i wanted to pursue my an system admin career so i went to a vocational school and so far i got my mcp and a+.. ive applied for all sorts of jobs.. no one likes me : (
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    What entry level jobs are you applying for? What does your work history look like? If you have a year of tech support already and an A+ and MCP you should be a shoe-in for most entry level help desk or desktop support jobs. Just keep trying, make sure you look good and feel good at your interviews. Talk up a storm and make sure you look very interested in their company. Considered moving somewhere that has more opportunities? I don't know where you're at and what your situation is but moving could improve your situation.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    AmpdChaos wrote:
    no one likes me : (

You're OK in my book ;)
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    dynamik wrote:
    AmpdChaos wrote:
    no one likes me : (

You're OK in my book ;)

Group hug?
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    lol... thanks.. im in san diego. Im applying for desktop support pc tech.. etc...
  • dan87951dan87951 Member Posts: 107
    I feel your pain. Keep your head up something will come around sooner or later. In 2006 when I was done with school to persue a career there wasn't crap out there for me. I finally landed a contract job and worked there for a few months than got a full time position which I stayed at for about a year and half. I got a lot of experience doing all sorts of stuff and learned lots from them. I'm now in the process of moving to another job with the state if the offer is good enough. I guess the point of my story is, if you can stay at your current job don't quit until you have another job lined up. Experience is HUGE in the IT field!
  • pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
    Join the club -_- theres cookies and kool aid
    Ever wonder what makes special sauce so special? YO!
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pLuhhmm wrote:
    Join the club -_- theres cookies and kool aid

The cookies are stale though... I was hoping that with my experience from contracts/jobs and certs I would be able to get a better than $12-15\hr job but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    what kind of kool aid??
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AmpdChaos wrote:
    what kind of kool aid??

I got grape.
    Kool-AidMan.jpg
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • naspcnaspc Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi everyone, hope evryone dont mind, but i stumbled upon this site while job hunting.
    i dont wanna vent but.......what the hell man the job market sucks!
    i got my mcp and just passed my net+ and a+ i got around 10yrs of exp, and no fing job!
    to top it off i got shafted from a dream it job with a very high profile designer because of money issues and that they might consider someone else because one of the higher ups knows someone. all that after two freaking interviews and the it head telling me that they will be talking to me soon!
    god damnit. i hope that f'er dies.

well i hope i didnt bring anyone down, thanks for listening.
  • oo_snoopyoo_snoopy Member Posts: 124
    I haven't had any trouble. When the market gets tough you just need to shine through.

3 years exp, Bachelor of Science, CCNP.
    I used to run the internet.
  • Vassago68Vassago68 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its posts like this that make me glad I have connections. If I can't get a good job in 3 years when my contract is up in the military, I know enough people to work for Mantech and other Gov contract jobs.

Course, it helps that I already have a security clearance.

Just keep your heads up, you'll get something eventually, and network with as many people as you can. I'd hate to say it, but the person that knows someone will get the job over the person that doesnt most of the time.
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Vassago68 wrote:
    Just keep your heads up, you'll get something eventually, and network with as many people as you can. I'd hate to say it, but the person that knows someone will get the job over the person that doesnt most of the time.

This.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA