Options

TRANSCEDER STUDY METHODS

Just curious to how people are using transcender. I used trancender on 70-290 and was a little off from passing due to silly mistakes. I have read the material and just have to reduce the mistakes. My question is how soon is too soon to use transcender. Should I take practice tests according to test objectives as i complete them or should i wait untill i have studied all the test objectives. I memorize very easily so i am looking for ways to keep it fresh

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I go through a section as soon as I feel like I can do reasonably well. I don't think I've done any of the preconfigured exams; I always just make a custom question pool depending on what I want to work on.

If you're worried about simply memorizing the question, force yourself to explain why each option is or isn't correct. If you can't do that, intentionally get it wrong, so it remains in the pool (I've set it to remove questions I answer correctly). If you try to intentionally get it wrong, and you get it right, that means it's time to go back to the books icon_lol.gif

Also, try answering what you would do in that situation without looking at any of the options. That'll really force you to think instead of relying on process of elimination, memorization, etc.

There's no right or wrong way to do it. Just experiment until you figure out what works for you.
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use them similar to Dynamik. I don't do the preset exams, and I have the setting to remove questions from the bank after I get them right either 2 or 3 times.

I mark questions that I can't explain 100% of the answers, and I use the answer explanations liberally. I review my old tests for those marked items, and I don't take the real exam until I can answer all of the questions correctly without having just memorized them.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.