Options

Anyone taken both 70-297 & 70-298

astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
How did they compare to each other for difficulty? I'm doing 297 next Friday and debating knocking off 298 at some point down the road (when I do the ISA exams so I can get a MCSA/E:Security). Anyone think its even worth it? I've been debating it for a while now... :)

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    How often are the individual exams of an MCSE called out? Do many organizations differentiate between security and AD design?

Recently, I've been going through the resources for all my exams again, and I skimmed 297 just to get an idea of what that one consisted of, and it really didn't seem too bad. 297 and 298 really don't seem to be too much of a problem if you've been paying attention along the way.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote:
    How often are the individual exams of an MCSE called out? Do many organizations differentiate between security and AD design?

Recently, I've been going through the resources for all my exams again, and I skimmed 297 just to get an idea of what that one consisted of, and it really didn't seem too bad. 297 and 298 really don't seem to be too much of a problem if you've been paying attention along the way.

I totally agree with this. I said in another post that all the material fo the 298 was review. If you understand the basic ideas the answer to every question is in the case study. I studied for exactly one week and passed with an 860 something.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah I did 297 and it went fine (although I hated the format of the design exams). I'm not going to bother sitting the 298 at this point.

Thanks both of you for the input.
  • Options
    KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    At least you could sit for the 70-297 exam... I'm sick of Prometric, I've tried to do this exam but because of some "technical problems" of the Prometric Software, I've failed to even start the exam in 5 oportunities at two different Prometric Centers. I'm going mad if it fails again tomorrow.

Well, after the complain and breathtake, I agree with you guys, this exams don't have to represent a very hard issue. I just prefer the 70-297 than the 70-298.