Options

ONT on Monday at 2pm...

scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I just scheduled it. icon_pale.gif

I have to say I am rather nervous about this one as well. I just recently passed the BCMSN which seemed rather easy and gave me a big head. So I read through the Net Acad material for this one in 3 days of nothing but reading. This is also the only NP level test I have not taken a class on. I plan to have a non-stop CBT Nuggets ONT marathon after posting this and then run through the labs on Sunday. Main reason I want to get this one out of the way quickly is that I am about to have eye surgery and will not be able to read/study/sit in front of my computer as much for a while afterwards.

From what I have read on this forum though this is one of the easier tests and a quick search on this forum for 'ONT' shows that no one has failed it... Which would make me feel like a retard if I will be the first. If I do though I can always retake for free with that comeback offer.

Any tips from the people who have sat for it?
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comments

• Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not sure where you're located, but I've got to say, there's nothing like up and deciding to schedule an exam at 4:30am :)

I suggest you save the CBT videos for AFTER your eye surgery. They're primarily auditory input anyway, so you can relax your eyes while listening to them. In fact, I usually put CBT videos on my iPod and listen to them instead of watching because I get distracted by excessive visual input. If you need clarification you can open your eyes and take a look. The CBT's are mostly static white board art, so you can get by with minimal optical attention.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Paul Boz wrote:
    Not sure where you're located, but I've got to say, there's nothing like up and deciding to schedule an exam at 4:30am :)

I suggest you save the CBT Nuggets for AFTER your eye surgery. They're primarily auditory input anyway, so you can relax your eyes while listening to them. In fact, I usually put CBT Nuggets/training videos on my iPod and listen to them instead of watching because I get distracted by excessive visual input.

Yeah well, as I have said I have been studying basically non-stop for 3 days and I had just happened to finish reading the online material at 4:30am icon_shaking.gif

I actually have the CBT Nuggets playing non-stop on a third monitor and leave it on 24/7 even when I sleep (and yes, they have made me dream Cisco stuff before) as background noise. I am just going to actually pay attention now.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    From what I have read on this forum though this is one of the easier tests and a quick search on this forum for 'ONT' shows that no one has failed it... Which would make me feel like a retard if I will be the first.

That made me laugh. I'm sure you'll do fine.

I hope your surgery is uneventful and you recover quickly. Good luck with all of that!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck with the exam icon_thumright.gif and the eye surgery icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Holy balls I am nervous. Never been this nervous about a cert test before (well maybe while I was sitting for the Linux+ thinking I was failing my ass off). I think I might call the testing center early in the morning to see if I can show up super early just to get it over with.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    LOL, let us know how it goes (assuming you don't worry yourself to death - take it easy man!)
  • Options
    6.5 hours to go. I think I am going to sneak into my old college and use the Cisco lab there to knock out the Case Studies from the Net Acad. Might also see if I can use the Professor's account to try my hand at the Net Acad's Final to pump me up for it since they are starting the ONT today for the summer quarter.
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    6.5 hours to go. I think I am going to sneak into my old college and use the Cisco lab there to knock out the Case Studies from the Net Acad. Might also see if I can use the Professor's account to try my hand at the Net Acad's Final to pump me up for it since they are starting the ONT today for the summer quarter.

Good luck :)
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953

scheistermeister,

Um, nervousness is one thing but unauthorized access is another. What are you doing with your professor's account login information? Are you even a graduate of the CCNP: Optimizing Converged Networks v5.0 course as a student?
  • Options

scheistermeister,

Um, nervousness is one thing but unauthorized access is another. What are you doing with your professor's account login information? Are you even a graduate of the CCNP: Optimizing Converged Networks v5.0 course as a student?

Who ever said I had their login info? I was going to ask to use her account to take the test but ended up not asking. Ended up setting up Pagent for her instead. And nope, never did the ONT, graduate of BSCI, ISCW and BCMSN in the Net Acad though which gives me access to the ONT material with my own login.

Anyways, took the test and I think I went to fast through it since I had 40min left when I was done. Either that or a week worths of study time was just a tad too little.Got a 777 needed a 790.

Describe Cisco VoIP Implementations 76%
    Describe QoS considerations 61%
    Describe DiffServ QoS Implementations 69%
    Implement AutoQoS 72%
    Implement WLAN security and management 61%

Oh well, I'll get next week :)
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    sorry to hear that you failed. i hate failing tests by so little. you only studied one week, wow thats not a lot of study time. anyway, good luck on your next attempt. i'm going for bcmsn mid-end august.
  • Options

scheistermeister,

Who ever said I had their login info? I was going to ask to use her account to take the test but ended up not asking. Ended up setting up Pagent for her instead. And nope, never did the ONT, graduate of BSCI, ISCW and BCMSN in the Net Acad though which gives me access to the ONT material with my own login.

Anyways, took the test and I think I went to fast through it since I had 40min left when I was done. Either that or a week worths of study time was just a tad too little.Got a 777 needed a 790.

Describe Cisco VoIP Implementations 76%
    Describe QoS considerations 61%
    Describe DiffServ QoS Implementations 69%
    Implement AutoQoS 72%
    Implement WLAN security and management 61%

Oh well, I'll get next week :)

Sorry about that, but im sure you'll nail it to the floor next week.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    13 freaking points! Sorry to hear that. Like others have said, next week you will own it - afterall thats probably 1 question off a pass. :)
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    Sorry to hear that. No biggy. You'll knock it out soon enough with a score so close.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry to hear that. It looks like you did the worst on the part that should be the easiest to repair. Just look into why QoS is needed and what mechanisms are available.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Thing is I know most of the ones I missed. There were a good 3 or the 4 that right after I clicked the next button I realized that I had clicked the wrong answer. I was mainly concerned about the types of sims I would get and didn't know how many there would be.

Edit: Just rescheduled for Monday the 30th at 2pm. And just so people know you CAN use the COMEBACK promo code on the web site without calling now and it works great. :) Should be a walk in the park next time around.
  • Options
    Thing is I know most of the ones I missed. There were a good 3 or the 4 that right after I clicked the next button I realized that I had clicked the wrong answer. I was mainly concerned about the types of sims I would get and didn't know how many there would be.

Edit: Just rescheduled for Monday the 30th at 2pm. And just so people know you CAN use the COMEBACK promo code on the web site without calling now and it works great. :) Should be a walk in the park next time around.

Sorry to hear it :/ is there a comeback code/discount you can use for CCNP exams?

I am sure you'll do fine next time around :)
  • Options
    Yeah, the comeback deal applies to the CCNP exams too. I already rescheduled for Monday at 2pm icon_lol.gif

I am sure I will get it this next time since I know exactly what I did wrong. The main thing was stressing too much about how much time I spent on each question and not giving myself the time to think things through. The main reason for that was that I didn't know what kind of sims I woud get on the test and wanted to have as much time as possible if I came up on a long wrong towards the end of the test (which never happened and gave me 40min to think about the last question).

There were at least 3-4 questions that I realized I had marked wrong after I clicked the next button too.

This time around I a also reading the Cisco Press Study Guide instead of the online material (I got it from a friend in PDF). I must say I like it a lot more than the online stuff and it is a lot more readable. Seems like it goes more in depth than the online stuff and I am also pickin up a few things I didn't know before since I am reading it a lot slower.

The thing I hate most about this exam though is that it incorporates all the things I hate and am not so good with all in to one test, VoIP, Security and Wireless. I like this one a WHOLE lot more than ISCW though. Security is my bane.
  • Options
    Yeah, the comeback deal applies to the CCNP exams too. I already rescheduled for Monday at 2pm icon_lol.gif

I am sure I will get it this next time since I know exactly what I did wrong. The main thing was stressing too much about how much time I spent on each question and not giving myself the time to think things through. The main reason for that was that I didn't know what kind of sims I woud get on the test and wanted to have as much time as possible if I came up on a long wrong towards the end of the test (which never happened and gave me 40min to think about the last question).

There were at least 3-4 questions that I realized I had marked wrong after I clicked the next button too.

This time around I a also reading the Cisco Press Study Guide instead of the online material (I got it from a friend in PDF). I must say I like it a lot more than the online stuff and it is a lot more readable. Seems like it goes more in depth than the online stuff and I am also pickin up a few things I didn't know before since I am reading it a lot slower.

The thing I hate most about this exam though is that it incorporates all the things I hate and am not so good with all in to one test, VoIP, Security and Wireless. I like this one a WHOLE lot more than ISCW though. Security is my bane.

Well, take pleasure in knowing that when you do pass the exam on monday, you really do know your stuff, Cisco will make sure of that :)

Is there a link to some info on the second-shot deal for CCNP somewhere on Pearson Vue's site?
  • Options
    kpjungle wrote:
    Well, take pleasure in knowing that when you do pass the exam on monday, you really do know your stuff, Cisco will make sure of that :)

Is there a link to some info on the second-shot deal for CCNP somewhere on Pearson Vue's site?

Yup, here you go. There are actually two that do the same thing. The one I used and know works in the COMEBACK one.

http://www.vue.com/cisco/secondchance/

http://www.vue.com/cisco/comeback/