Options

Security+ and ISCW Concurrently?

redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
Yes, I know, I haven't taken my first CCNP exam yet and I'm already thinking about the next!!

Since I have more day-to-day work on ASA's than anything else, I'm thinking of doing ISCW next. I also have a CompTIA voucher I'd like to use up, so I was considering this for a plan...
Study for Security+ while I work on ISCW. Take Security+ exam first to get a good foundation and then focus completely on ISCW.

What are the thoughts on here? Do the subjects overlap well? I'm thinking this might be a good idea since I did Network+ first while preparing for my CCNA and it seemed to work out well.

Thanks again...now back to my ONT studying...I'm dreaming about voice codecs...is that normal?

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    redwarrior wrote:
    Take Security+ exam first to get a good foundation and then focus completely on ISCW.
    I think you summed it up nicely right there. Get the general non-vendor specific background information down first, then use that as a framework for building your vendor specific knowledge and more advanced knowledge.

The old CCNP just sort of jumped into IPSec without much security background information -- it felt out of place and like something someone tossed into the exam (and books) to take up space, rather than the important topic it is. The ISCW exam blueprint looks like that "fixed" that.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!