Options

Passed the NEW 70-620 today What exam next? goal MCITP:EA

callmenobodycallmenobody Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello good people

I have taken a step into breaking out of my "comfort zone" for YEARS I was content/satisfied with Consulting for different Companies -(MCI,WorldCom, Anderssen Consulting, Nortel, Federal Reserve, Crawford & Co etc.) and never bothered to "verify how talented I was by acquiring certs or finishing a degree. So after years of BS'ing Im BACK!

OK, SO...I took 70-620 today, new and improved according the testing center. I passed with a 792 (1.5 week foucused study, Transcenders, vista bus and ultimate)I think my score would have been higher if the question were a bit more difficult....let me expalin.
The questions were overly simplified and the suggested answers were smack you in the face wrong/right. So one would naturally think its not that easy, or is it? IT IS! Also study the hardest on what you find to be "petty" or "trivial" (RSS, TabletPCs,fax/scan and projectors) the addition of 8-10 simulator were pretty cool. Im a very visual person so seeing and doing is way better than reading and choosing for me.

MY question ....sorry for the rant up there, someone may find it useful....is what should I take next in my quest to being MCITP:EA and getting back into doing some SIEBEL Admin/Implementations. I would like to take either the one that is the hardest Or the one that will help transition into the others and im not sure what that is just yet. some help would be great.

If anyone knows how I can get back into SIEBEL Admin after a 5year break let me know as well
"My voice is my passport. Verify me." -Sneakers (1992)

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You will need to take the following additional MCTS exams (plus a professional level exam after you have completed these)

Exam 70-640 (earns MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration)
    Exam 70-642 (earns MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Configuration)
    Exam 70-643 (earns MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure Configuration)

As for the order in which to take them, I would just start numerically with the 1st one.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrat :)

What will you prefer 620 or 640 first?

Just curious to know...
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't think it matters where you do 620. It's really basic and a lot of it is geared toward home use. There might be a few things like UAC and it's related policy settings that might help out a bit, but that's easy stuff you can research on your own (assuming it's not covered in any of the material).

Also, you only need 620 for MCITP: Enterprise Administrator. You can skip it if you go for Server Administrator instead.
  • Options
    the reason I asked is that if you follow these certs numerically, 640 is first which is the AD cert. in MCSE 2003 the AD test is last and one of the hardest. Basically Im trying to get the easier ones out of the way first (purely for motivational purposes) but if I should take 640 first because that is specifically how the roadmap is designed, to gain the greatest level of Understanding then that is what I will do.

Any suggestions Thanks AGAIN
  • Options
    Kasor wrote:

Just curious to know...

If you are using vista on a day to day basis I suggest 70-620. Its fairly easy and a confidence booster (at least in my case) for the other tests. If you are going for MCITP:SA 70-620 is not required and in that case I would start with 70-640 or which ever is the easiest.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Kasor wrote:

Just curious to know...

620 is compared to the other ones quite easy .... havnig said that - its the only one I ever failed lol ....

Didn't study at all and I was like "pfff - vista - no need to study" .. well I was wrong rofl ... a lot of little things threw me personally off .. Several build in tools I normally disable / remove or simply never start (which were subject on the exam)... and I even forget that tablet exists :P :P

BUT - even tho I failed - considering the content it is easy

Congrats on your exam :):)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p