CCIE written price increase

GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
Well in case there is anyone looking to book the exam, your budget just grew a bit more.

CCIE written exams are now $350 US

I am curious though what will happen if you have booked it at $315 but have not taken it yet.

Comments

• Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's not THAT bad compared to the price hike to the CCNP composite.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    I am curious though what will happen if you have booked it at $315 but have not taken it yet.

I don't think they're going to retroactively increase the price for people who have already registered.
    Paul Boz wrote:
    That's not THAT bad compared to the price hike to the CCNP composite.

I thought the CCNA composite was a bit ridiculous as well. I know it's the same price as the two taken separately, but it's still just a single test. I don't see why that should cost any more than one of the ICND exams (someone please correct me if I'm missing something).
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I believe the time alloted to complete the exam is something like 1.5x the individual exams so I could rationalize 1.5x the cost of the single exams, but the 2x is a bit much.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Well I don't personally care TOO much as work pays for this one for me.

A discount on the lab would be nice though :D
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    A discount on the lab would be nice though :D

One can dream can't they? icon_wink.gif:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Matt_Chris wrote:
    I am a CCNA and saw your post and thought to give this, My instructor gave me this VUE code (deleted)I have registered for three exams and got 20% off discount for all three exams. You can try.

Dude you may get your instructor kicked out of that program for posing that code, it's ONLY for students taking exams you directly trained them for. So say you took a class for ICND 1 and then used that code for ICND 1 and 2, that's a violation of the agreement.

I think you may want to edit your post.
    The only easy day was yesterday!