Options

Unable to uninstall Mailbox Roles due to a replica issue

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
Mailbox Role Checks ......................... FAILED
Uninstall cannot continue. Database 'Public Folder Database': The public folder database "W2K3EN64-S03\Second Storage Group\Public Folder Database" contain
s the following offline address book(s):\Default Offline Address Book.
Before deleting the public folder database, move the offline address book(s) to a web-based distribution point.

The Exchange Server Setup operation did not complete. For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com and enter the Error ID.

Another error:

Mailbox Role Prerequisites
Failed

Error:
Uninstall cannot continue. Database 'Public Folder Database': Exchange is unable to check for public folder replicas for the public folder database that you specified. Verify the Microsoft Information Store service is running, and that the database is properly mounted. Specified public folder database:

I tried using cmdlets in removing this and was unsuccessful, this issue was persistent even after running different powershell commands, like set-publicfolder to try to recreate the replica, as well as remove-offlineaddressbook & remove-publicfolderdatabase.

What ultimately resolved the issue is using ADSIEdit Under Configuration\Configuration Services\Microsoft Exchaange\"First Organization"\Administrative Groups\Servers\"Server Name"\Information Store\"Storage Group"\the look for the public folder store and delete.

I might have omit the exact location of this, but this gives you the idea, I thought I would share it, cause this replica is a PITA.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    To add to this, Exchange 2000 doesn't warn you. So make sure you migrate your public folder data AND VERIFY before you delete your public folder database.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks