Options

These exams ok for MCSE?

Hi guys,

Managed to slay the 70-291 to get my MCSA behind me..

..Now i'm going for my MCSE whilst i'm in the swing of things. I'm cracking on with the 70-293 book now. I've got together a list of exams that i'd now like to take to get my MCSE. As far as I can see on the MS site, I need another 4 exams for the MCSE and these are the ones i'd like to take..

70-293 - Planning and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
70-294 - Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
70-297 - Designing a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
70-284 - Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003

Would these 4 be satisfactory for this?

Thanks,
Luke

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Absolutely.

Congratulations on your MCSA and good luck with the rest of it!
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just in case you were curious, I had the exact same exam route that you are taking (although I don't have the A+ and Net+) but I decided to switch it up.

293 - OK
    294 - Ok
    297 to 298 - I decided I wanted to take the 298 because it qualifies me for the security side if I wanted to do it. The 297 doesn't qualify for much (or anything... but I thought someone said it went to something) so I switched.
    284 to 620 - I wanted to get the 620 because it was easy and it would give me my MCSA. It also qualifies for my MCSE elective. It ALSO gave me a MCTS and qualified for the MCITP-EA. So there are a lot of good things that came from this test.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Do the 70-285 after that and you'll be set for the MCSE: Messaging as well. If you're also interested in MCSE: Security then I'd recommend swapping the 297 for the 298 as then you'd only need 2 more exams beyond that to make an MCSE: Security.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    The reason I opted for 70-297 is a) I already have the book for it and b) it looks easier than the 70-298

SO are you saying that if I take the 70-285 right after my current MCSA, i'll have MCSE Messaging straight away? If so, what exactly is this can I ask?

It seems that most employers only ask for MCSE in adverts and dont seem to mention the security and messaging side of things to be honest?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you're not interested in focusing on security, 297 is fine. You could probably double-up 294 and 297 on the same day. 297 is basically the design aspect of 294.

70-284 and 70-285 will give you MCSE: Messaging. There's more information here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/messaging/windowsserver2003.mspx

Messaging is actually mentioned quite a bit, security is called out for less.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the MCSA, the map for the MCSE looks good.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Congratulations, the MCSE:Security is the path im taking with the Security+ Elective
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools