Options

TCL scripting and EEM

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm in a bit of a pickle here with trying to configure failover at a remote site. This network has 2 points of entry. One entry point at the edge is a T1 with EIGRP running across it. The other point of entry is at the core with an MPLS link and BGP running.

So if the T1 goes down at the edge then I need the edge router to point a default route back toward the core where the backup MPLS link comes in. This edge router facilitates a large LAN with important users.

SO I have a default route pointing across the T1 and then redistribute static in EIGRP to advertise that default route throughout the network.

But when the T1 gets shut down, that default route does not go anywhere, so a floating default route isn't going to help. The rest of the network fails over because the edge stops advertising that default route, and the floating route kicks in on the core.

I can't do an ip default-network command on the edge to give the edge a default route without actually configuring a static route because the core router has redistribute static (and a floating default route) and that overrides my ip default network command. This points traffic the wrong direction when the T1 is active.

So does anyone know if TCL is flexible enough to write a script that will add a default route into IOS when an interface goes down?

ANyone have any other suggestions?

BTW I inherited this problem.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    two things to try:

1. Use the exit interface (assuming it's a point to point link like a serial interface) for the next hop instead of an IP address, then when the link drops out it will remove the route.

2. Use the SLA monitor to ping across the link and use the track command on the "ip route" entry
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will try that. As usual, Thanks for the help man!!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!