Passed with a 914

reeves122reeves122 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I passed the 70-290 with a 914.
Man this test was hard! About half way through it I was convinced I had failed so I was just sorta relaxing at that point. That may have ended up helping me, who knows.

Anyway, just the 70-291 left and then I'll go for the Security+ to complete my MCSA and then we'll see where things go from there.

Here is what I used to study:
- MS Press book
- Sybex Study Guide book
- Mastering Windows Server 2003 (Sybex)(The best if you are trying to nail down some difficult concepts, IMHO)

Okay, so back to studying! Good luck all!
The EAST Initiative
"We believe our students will change the world."
http://www.eastinitiative.com/

Comments

• cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and well done on the pass.

How come you thought it was so hard being that you got such a high score. You nearly got 100%. What sort of IT role do you work in at the moment? I'm curious as I will be taking my 290 next Monday. So if you have any pointers that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I hate to burst you bubble, but 291 is the hard exam. 290 is just the warm-up ;)

Congratulations on the pass, and good luck wrapping up your MCSA!
  • reeves122reeves122 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well it may be because the only other MS test I have taken is the Vista test and that was comparably (much) easier.
    It could also be because practically all questions we're in the format; "You are a network administrator at [blank] company with [blank] computers"...etc.. And then they proceed to give you a TON of information, half of which is irrelevant toward the question at hand. Anyway, given that each question takes a couple of minutes to sort through all the logic (and miss-logic) it gets very tiresome on your head (at least it did me!) I wasn't used to how different it is than the CCNA exam.

To answer your other question, my current position has me working with a handful of server 2003 boxes in a small domain and with almost 200 remote locations also having a small domain of their own. I'm definitely familiar with the concepts but like I said, they load you up with details and expect you to pick through it to find the acceptable solution.

Needless to say, I'll be ready for these types of questions when I sit the 291!
    The EAST Initiative
    "We believe our students will change the world."
    http://www.eastinitiative.com/
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.