Options

[b]I want to take an entry level micosoft cert, which one do

mjonesmjones Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, forum I posted several ?'s on other forums but this is my 1st for this forum. I have the A+ cert and I am currently studying for the Network+ cert. After I complete the Network+ cert I want to move forward to a Microsoft cert. I want to take something entry level with the Vista OS being part of the curriculum. Can anyone help me? Also w/Microsoft cert's do they need to be updated and if so how often? icon_silent.gif

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    70-620 would be the place to start. 622 on top of that will give you MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician.

I'm not sure how many places are using Vista now. You may be better off doing the two MCDST exams. After that, you can upgrade to MCITP: EST with 70-621. It's only one more exam overall, and it will give you entry-level credentials in both. Just something to think about it.

MS exams don't expire. You just have to update to the next version whenever it comes out.
  • Options
    mjonesmjones Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much. You have answered all of my latest and current ?'s. As I progress in obtaining certifications in the future I will make sure to post my questions on this site and I will look forward to your insight as well others who can help me along the way. bowing.gif

I also have been looking into taking the CCENT what is your opinion?
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    mjones wrote:
    I also have been looking into taking the CCENT what is your opinion?
    If you have little networking experience the CCENT as well as Network+ is a great place to start.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Give a shot and see how you like it. It's going to be quite a different experience than your Microsoft studies. It's good to have some knowledge of both, and you can go on to specialize in whatever interests you.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    70-620 is definetly the best as its the VIsta OS one!!

You need to have a think which path you want to go down, Servers / Clients / Networking, which interests you the most?
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools