Options

Study for Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007?

I have CBT Nuggets and Transcender for Exchange 2003.

With Exchange 2007 out is it worth putting my effort into the new one instead?

How much different is Exchange 2003 from Exchange 2007?

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you're going to work on Exchange 2007 only, go for Exchange 2007. If you'll be doing Exchange 2000/2003 upgrade(s) to Exchange 2007, read a book on Exchange 2003 (possibly take exam) and then go for Exchange 2007. Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 are very different.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It really depends... what kind of job do you have right now, and realistically how far are you from achieving a sysadmin type of job?

If you're going to right away I'd study up on Exchange 2003, first, because if you're going to take over for a company that wants to upgrade to 2007, you're still going to have to maintain the 2003 environment for a while and there are some nuances that you need to understand. Before you do that, however, you must have the prerequisite understanding of DNS (be very fluent in the Windows specific DNS), be very comfortable with Active Directory, and have a good understanding of TCP/IP principles like basic subnetting.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...