Options

Passed 790/900

blayjinblayjin Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I felt pretty good going into it but was caught off guard by a few questions. Up next is MCSE: Security, starting with 70-290. Thanks and good luck to the rest of you.

Sybex CompTIA Security+ - Read All
Sybex Security+ Fast Pass - Reviewed All Prior to Test
Exam Cram CompTIA Security+ - Read about Half
Exam Cram 2 Security+ Practice Questions - Used CD-ROM 80% Average
Security Administrator Street Smarts - Read about 10%
Transender - 95% Average on Optimized Exams

Overkill, but wished I had used more the Exam Cram 2 practice questions. If I remember correctly, the Exam Cram reading covered much if not all of the questions on the test. The thing that kept me from using Exam Cram as much was the age of the book. I plan on playing it more conservatively from here on out though.

Comments

• Options
    AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    congrats.. whats next?
  • Options
    blayjinblayjin Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MCSE: Security, 70-290. The security+ really broke the ice for me when it comes to certifications. I feel like I'm on a role now.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    AmpdChaos wrote:
    congrats.. whats next?

I think you've stayed up too late studying. It looks like you missed the second sentence ;)

Congrats on the pass and welcome to the forums!

MCSE:S is the way to go icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Only the cool people get the little :S after MCSE.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You guys are giving me a complex... I feel unworthy now without that little :S. icon_sad.gif

On dynamik's advice I'm reviewing Sec+ right now and I'll be doing ISA 2006 down the road, but I did 297 for my design exam and although I did fine on the exam, I hated every minute of it and really don't want to go sit 298.... but oh, the peer pressure - mustn't let it get to me... icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Actually, I plan on getting a shirt with a big ":S" on it as soon as I earn it. The cape and boots are optional.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP