Options

Firedog Second Interview

jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
I got a second interview this week... I really would rather have a Help Desk/Call Center/Tech Support job but I can not find one that will fit my school schedule right now.

If they don't offer me $9.50+ an hour I'm not going to accept... smart move?

This Circuit City is in a fairly "high-class" area and no Best Buy is with-in ~15 miles of it...
"It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
-Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA

Comments

• Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Eh I say a job is a job. I'm going in for an interview to be a Geek Squad in-home tech tomorrow and I had decided a long time ago that I wanted to stay away from that. It's been tough for me to find another full-time job before my current desktop support contract runs out so I've gotten kinda desperate. I make $20 an hour now and the Geek Squad in-home techs in my area make between $16 - $22 an hour so I see it as something that's just gotta be done if I need to keep up my experience and paying the bills!
  • Options
    TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    $8.00 is for their sales people, not sure about FD but I think they are either 10 or 12, leaning more toward 12 but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Talic wrote:
    $8.00 is for their sales people, not sure about FD but I think they are either 10 or 12, leaning more toward 12 but I'm not sure.

One of my buddies worked there as an in-home Firedog tech and made somewhere around $9.50. Pay sucked but he got decent overtime.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Talic wrote:
    Depends on where you live too. It's not going to be the same everywhere.

Like the guy said above, a job is a job. You have to start somewhere and that is not optional. Statistically, you get raped by your first IT gig. Fortunately, by the nature of it being your first, there will be a second one that will be better.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...