Options

EIGRP Hold-Time Issues

mzinzmzinz Member Posts: 328
I have a router that keeps losing routes due to hold-time expiring. Although I'm not yet sure why the hold-time is expiring, I would like to keep functionality up by increasing the hold-time. (So it doesn't lose all of its routes).

On the tunnel interface, where it learns routes, I did: ip hold-time eigrp 23 60 (changing the hold time from 15 to 60 sec).

I then bounced the neighbor relationship, and even rebooted the router. For some reason though, when I show my neighbor, the hold-time keeps bumping up to 15 after getting hello's.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong??
_______LAB________
2x 2950
2x 3550
2x 2650XM
2x 3640
1x 2801

Comments

• Options
    marlon23marlon23 Member Posts: 164 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Router running EIGRP will use timers in neighbor's hello to track him. You can learn more about your condition by debug eigrp packets and watching timers in show ip eigrp neighbor. Also look for number of queued packets per neighbor, should be zero, if not you have problem another then timers.
    LAB: 7609-S, 7606-S, 10008, 2x 7301, 7204, 7201 + bunch of ISRs & CAT switches
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    mzinz wrote:
    I have a router that keeps losing routes due to hold-time expiring. Although I'm not yet sure why the hold-time is expiring, I would like to keep functionality up by increasing the hold-time. (So it doesn't lose all of its routes).

On the tunnel interface, where it learns routes, I did: ip hold-time eigrp 23 60 (changing the hold time from 15 to 60 sec).

I then bounced the neighbor relationship, and even rebooted the router. For some reason though, when I show my neighbor, the hold-time keeps bumping up to 15 after getting hello's.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong??

mzinz,

What kind of network segment is between this router and it's neighbor router?
    1. Serial?
    2. GigaEthernet/FastEthernet/Ethernet?
    3. Other?