Options

Passed CCNA on Monday

zen masterzen master Member Posts: 222
Hey everyone, I've been a lurker here for the fast few weeks while preparing for my CCNA, and I finally passed on Monday and decided to sign up. My main question is this, what is the best path to CCSP from here, and do I have to get the CCNA: Security first? I'm a bit confused by these new rules, and on the CISCO website, a lot of the exams seem to be on the verge of being retired, which is further adding to the confusion. What exactly is going on, and what is the best path to CCSP for me?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    First off congrats on the pass!

Since you just finished the CCNA I would head down the CCNA: Security path as a start. It will give you some good security fundamentals and the study guide has been released. In the meantime it will give Cisco some time to settle the CCSP exam changes (hopefully) while you study the CCNA: Security exam. Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, you can take the SND exam through the middle of November, but you'll only be able to apply it towards the CCSP through next June. If you don't complete the track by then, you'll have to go back and do CCNA:S. The CCNA:S seems like it's basically the SND content anyway, so I don't see any reason not to start with that one.

Congratulations.
  • Options
    zen masterzen master Member Posts: 222
    Thanks guys. Based on that information, I think I may hold off on the CCSP until the end of the year, and finish off my MCSA (I have two more modules to do), and also sign up to do CEH. I have a degree in computer science, and I want to do a masters that involves security, management and possibly finance somehow, but I want to get these certifications done, and get some experience before starting. Plus, I need to save and find the perfect MSc program, which proving to be quite a challenge. It's a pretty massive decision after all.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    marco71marco71 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    netwaynenetwayne Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your CCNA pass!! :D

You are a busy guy! Good luck with your continued studies/certs and Masters degree pursuit.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!! :D
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and good luck on your security-studies with the CCSP track.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.