Edited

SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
Edited
Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If I was in your position, and the lower income didn't put me in an uncomfortable position, I'd go for it. You'll make up the money as soon as you get some more experience. Getting started in the field you want to be in is huge. Those types of opportunities, especially in security, are hard to come by.

Do whatever you can to leave on good terms with your current employer. Give them sufficient notice, offer to help out on nights and/or weekends for a bit if they're in a tight spot, etc. You could make yourself feel obligated to stay there forever. You need to do what's in your best interest.
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Edited
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd be even more likely to go for it in that case.

Does the department you're in not want you to leave, or would they struggle without you?
    Edited
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Sie wrote:
    Thanks dynamik,

I forgot to mention, this is the same employer just a different area of business. Does that make any difference to your answer?

if it's the same company then just check to make sure they don't have some type of rule of waiting a year before changing positions. My company encourages you to jump around the company to avoid burnout but want you in a position for atleast a year.

If it were me and I could afford the paycut I'd take that in a heart beat I want to move into Security more then anything.
    Edited