Options

RIP configuration

jordmaz82jordmaz82 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I am a newbie to the whole CCNA router/switch configuration and I am coming across a few stumbling blocks.

I have configured a rip (version 2) network which consists of 2 routers connected to each other at the roof of the topology. Each of the routers are connected to a switch, on which I have configured the VLAN1 interface and the default gateway (this being the ip address of fastethernet interface connected directly to the switch).

Each switch has 2 workstations connected to it. I have implemented a 10.0.0.0 255.255.240.0 ip addressing scheme (as I am planning to replicate my work network).

The problem is getting the workstations to communicate. The bridges on either side of the network receive communication from each other and when I run the show ip rip database command I can see that the networks are configured correctly.

Please help!!!!

P.S As I am new to the forum any assistance on what is the general approach to submitting these type of questions would be gratefully received i.e. should I include copies of the running-config? etc

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    jordmaz82 wrote:
    Hi guys,

I am a newbie to the whole CCNA router/switch configuration and I am coming across a few stumbling blocks.

I have configured a rip (version 2) network which consists of 2 routers connected to each other at the roof of the topology. Each of the routers are connected to a switch, on which I have configured the VLAN1 interface and the default gateway (this being the ip address of fastethernet interface connected directly to the switch).

Each switch has 2 workstations connected to it. I have implemented a 10.0.0.0 255.255.240.0 ip addressing scheme (as I am planning to replicate my work network).

The problem is getting the workstations to communicate. The bridges on either side of the network receive communication from each other and when I run the show ip rip database command I can see that the networks are configured correctly.

Please help!!!!

P.S As I am new to the forum any assistance on what is the general approach to submitting these type of questions would be gratefully received i.e. should I include copies of the running-config? etc

Cheers

jordmaz82,

Let's take this one step at a time. Do you know how to subnet classfully?
  • Options
    jordmaz82jordmaz82 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is the firewall disabled on the workstations?
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    jordmaz82 wrote:
    I do indeed.

jordmaz82,

Then given the two router scenario, how many subnets would you need and what would those subnet addresses be, including subnet masks?