overlapping info

macdudemacdude Member Posts: 173
If you are studying for a test and you hit some info that previous test covered, do you skip it or do you go ahead read the section?

I personally reread it, just to make sure I understand it the way the test presenting.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I skim it. There's always a chance some new information might be introduced, so I don't skip it entirely. However, there's no point in spending a lot of time on material I already know.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Same, I skim parts of it and would only really come back to it if I the practice exams (STS or Transcender) kicked my butt.
  • SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    I always skim over the sections because sometimes they will go more in depth or even more likely that test will be looking for a different answer, or at least word things a different way.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Part of the reason for my getting certs is to learn the material, so I always re-study overlapping subjects as a way of reinforcing my knowledge. For many IT subjects, I probably won't get the chance to learn them well unless I'm studying for a cert, so I must make the most of the opportunity.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I tend to re-read the material, if I skip or skim it then I am afraid that there is one little detail that I'll miss that will cause me to fail a cert.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Re-read anything that comes up....I treat it like it was the first time I see it. Obviously if it is familiar it won't take as long to get through, but it's a good way for me to refresh the info.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?