Options

Questions about technotes Practice tests.

bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi. I'm studying from a variety of books for the upcoming exam (Sybex Sy0-101 2k8 Version, Exam Cram, and Syngress), and I wanted to know if those answers from the practice tests are updated with the current year. I saw a question that I was confused about because it contradicted the books that I read.

36. Which of the following is NOT one of the first things you should do when you installed a new web server?

a. Modify the administrator and disable guest accounts
b. Install the latest updates and patches
c. Disable unused protocols and services
d. Document the server configuration settings

I thought the answer would've been b know that you should test it on a non production computer first, but the answer was D. icon_confused.gif
Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. That's one of those questions that can go either way depending on the circumstances. Typically, you'd want to update your web servers ASAP since they're exposed to the internet. What good is an a functional application of the server can be easily exploited? You've got the right mindset though; it's impossible to give a definite answer without more info. However, the real exam questions can be vague like this. Sometimes half the fun is determining what they're actually looking for.

CompTIA updates the year of the exam every year to make it appear current. There hasn't been any revisions to the material since 2005 (or whenever the last one was). The next revision comes out later this year.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Which of the following is NOT one of the first things you should do when you installed a new web server?
    You would want to do A, B, and C immediately. D could wait until later.
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I believe astorrs is correct. The logic for the answer, if I remember correctly, is that the documentation is important but it would not be one of the first things done. It would come later. I am not sure if the question is worded differently than where I saw it or not.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ok thank you all for clarifying the question that I had.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup: