Options

Practice test

dredlorddredlord Member Posts: 172
Hi everyone,
I need a opinion having worked out the chris Bryant practice tests and the cram session review questions as well as the famous appendix D of the ICND1 official cert guide. I was feeling very confident for the CCENT and decided to try the practice test that comes with the book. That exam is insane / scared the crap out of me. Without violating the NDA is that what one expects to find on the actual exams or is that exam purposely insane. Are the other boson exams good for review as I have purchased the exam sim package for the CCENT and they are no way similar to that level of insanity. What exams can give you the best feel for what to expect on exam day without crossing the line into the shady world of ****?

Any feedback is appreciated as im totally depressed now icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't have that book to be able to answer your question directly, but when I did take my CCNA I was extremely surprised by the questions. They were a lot harder than what I had seen as practice on the web or even in the Net Acad. After sitting for the first exam though the rest don't really seem as hard as I remember the first one being. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    I am currently bashing my brains out on Bosons Exam Sim max package for CCENT and I score a average of 85% - 90% what I am noticing is that I suck at WIFI anyone have any good sites /notes to brush up on my wifi skills??

Also anyone who took the CCENT and studied with the Exam Sim max exams from Bosson do they offer a fair and true representation of whats to come on the actual Exam??
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    dredlord wrote:
    what I am noticing is that I suck at WIFI anyone have any good sites /notes to brush up on my wifi skills??
    This was definitely my major weak area when I took the CCNA

no need to feel depressed if you are scoring an 85-90% on the practice exams, I really liked the Boson practice exams and felt like they prepared me well for the actual exam, just keep hitting the books and you will do well
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My advice would be to learn wireless well... If you do the NP you will soon see a lot of it again...
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    im a SP prospective candidate hehe im obsessed on security
  • Options
    nicklauscombs thanks a million very reassuring!.

Im going to try borrow some wifi notes from the guru at work :)
  • Options
    don't forget either the second chance offer is going on, that really helped calm my nerves knowing if I failed I could take it again for free
  • Options
    Ye but this being my first attempt at a Cisco cert im hoping to pass on the first attempt
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What aspects of wireless are you having problems with?
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    First attempt means nothing if you study hard. I passed on my first attempt so it's not impossible.
  • Options
    GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    dredlord wrote:
    I am currently bashing my brains out on Bosons Exam Sim max package for CCENT and I score a average of 85% - 90% what I am noticing is that I suck at WIFI anyone have any good sites /notes to brush up on my wifi skills??

Also anyone who took the CCENT and studied with the Exam Sim max exams from Bosson do they offer a fair and true representation of whats to come on the actual Exam??
    Are you using the Boson one from the book or the one from the Boson one they sell on their website or both?

Thanks!
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!
  • Options
    Boson on the book the oddlum one was to hard in my opinion. I am using the ones they sell but plan to do the book exam this weekend. I am having problems with wifi configs as they are NOT mentioned in the official exam cert guides. Example how to configure ssid etc.. Im going to ask the wifi guru at work for some notes heh
  • Options
    dredlord wrote:
    Boson on the book the oddlum one was to hard in my opinion. I am using the ones they sell but plan to do the book exam this weekend. I am having problems with wifi configs as they are NOT mentioned in the official exam cert guides. Example how to configure ssid etc.. Im going to ask the wifi guru at work for some notes heh

Sounds good. Could you do me a favor and let me know how you think the ExSim Max you bought helped you with the exam after you take it? I'm having the same problem and Boson told me to buy the same bundle yesterday when I was on the phone with them. I'm still undecided at this point, I have more than enough study material and cant get thru it now as it is (time constraints are killing me).

Later!
    G.
  • Options
    dredlord wrote:
    I am having problems with wifi configs as they are NOT mentioned in the official exam cert guides. Example how to configure ssid etc..
    They're not mentioned in the book for a reason, from the exam blue print
    Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN

* Describe standards associated with wireless media (including: IEEE WI-FI Alliance, ITU/FCC)
    * Identify and describe the purpose of the components in a small wireless network. (Including: SSID, BSS, ESS)
    * Identify the basic parameters to configure on a wireless network to ensure that devices connect to the correct access point
    * Compare and contrast wireless security features and capabilities of WPA security (including: open, WEP, WPA-1/2)
    * Identify common issues with implementing wireless networks. (Including: Interface, missconfiguration)
  • Options
    AAAA im ok on wifi then heh Ill have a look at the blueprint tonight
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I can tell you the Exam Cram or Exam Prep book by Jeremy Cioara and other authors had very good practice exams. It has two exams in the back and they represent what you'd expect on the real exam *very* well, except for the sims.
  • Options
    darkerosxx wrote:
    I can tell you the Exam Cram or Exam Prep book by Jeremy Cioara and other authors had very good practice exams. It has two exams in the back and they represent what you'd expect on the real exam *very* well, except for the sims.
    Hi.
    Are you referencing the Measure Up software in the back of the book?

Thanks!
    G.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I accessed the tests through Safari's online book website. They don't put CD content on there, so if you're talking about disc content, then no. That's the best answer I can give ya since I don't remember it specifically saying one way or the other!