Crazy bosses

2»

Comments

• PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Isnt this just a poor design of access control then. I mean the question remains that if a user has access to files that management are concerned about losing without knowing about......then something isnt right. If files do need to be retreived then they can still be restored from backup right....
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    Lee H wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with women in IT. That's quite the ignorant statement.

I do apologise if i have insulted you or someone you know

It is a general statement based on my experiance with every woman i have ever know in IT or using IT, the majority i have known are not good, my boss at Sony is a woman and she is very very good

Lee H

I'm a woman in IT. It was just a very generalized statement.

Agreed, it was generalized.

Lee: Shame you dont work with some of the girls that I work with :)
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Pash wrote:
    Isnt this just a poor design of access control then. I mean the question remains that if a user has access to files that management are concerned about losing without knowing about......then something isnt right. If files do need to be retreived then they can still be restored from backup right....

Yes the access controls are very poorly designed here. But I'm not allowed to undertake the monumental task of fixing things. They basically just wanted me to be a band-aid. Now they want to put me back on AutoCAD. Time to step up on finishing my MCSE so I can get out of here!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Tell me more pash, are they nice looking icon_wink.gif
    undomiel wrote:
    Pash wrote:

Yes the access controls are very poorly designed here. But I'm not allowed to undertake the monumental task of fixing things. They basically just wanted me to be a band-aid. Now they want to put me back on AutoCAD. Time to step up on finishing my MCSE so I can get out of here!

How Big is your AD model..? You could explain to management that you think it would be a better sync of time and resources to sort out the windows acl's and provide user 'housekeeping' training.
    Pash wrote:
    undomiel wrote:
    Pash wrote:

How Big is your AD model..? You could explain to management that you think it would be a better sync of time and resources to sort out the windows acl's and provide user 'housekeeping' training.

Management's response: that isn't making us money.

I've had other conversations with them that have always ended that way.

To them IT is categorized under Necessary Evil. This is the downside to working for a small business.
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Necessary evil, or in other words, an "overhead"
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote:
    Pash wrote:
    undomiel wrote:
    Pash wrote:

Management's response: that isn't making us money.

I've had other conversations with them that have always ended that way.

To them IT is categorized under Necessary Evil. This is the downside to working for a small business.

wait until you leave, and something you suggested that they didn't do bites them right in the ass. They're sinking and you're off making double your original salary somewhere much better :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    The funny part is that if I do end up making double I would be making more than my boss here makes. :D