Options

Training for BSCI or BCMSN

badsectorbadsector Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
guys,

If you will be given a chance to attend a training either BSCI or BCMSN what will you choose? In my case im planning to start CCNP with BSCI first then BCMSN. Our company use BGP and a little OSPF inside our L3 Core Switches for the inter-vlan routing and i only know the basics of BGP. I heard that BCMSN is harder than BSCI, is it true?

Thanks guys, i appreciate your response.

badsector
Network and Security Engineering

Comments

• Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Go for the training in the BSCI! To me the BCMSN was cake. The BSCI has a lot more material in it than the BCMSN and I would think it would be better to know as much about the BSCI before actually studying for it.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go for the training in the BSCI! To me the BCMSN was cake. The BSCI has a lot more material in it than the BCMSN and I would think it would be better to know as much about the BSCI before actually studying for it.

What scheister said. Read through this forum and you'll see that BSCI has a ton more material to go through than switching.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    definitely go for the BSCI training
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The only people that say the BSCI is easier are people that handle IGP's on a regular basis. Most people deal with switching more so the BCMSN is usually easier. I found them to be equally difficult.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    I will also say BSCI. The BSCI for me (and most) is by far the hardest test in the CCNP track due to hwo detailed it covers IGP's , redist, and BGP. Switching IMHO, is quite easy granted it has it's little quirks, but when compared to the BSCI, the BCMSN almost seems like a cakewalk.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!