Options

CCVP Boson Exsim out of date

MarkeyMarkey Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all I use the Boson CCNA Exsim kit and really like it. I plan to continue on to CCVP once I get the certs for CCNA. Comparing the Boson kit to the Cisco cert page list; the Boson kit is out of date (some of the exams for CCVP are ending July 26).

Just wondering if anyone has any recomendations for another kit?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    are you talking about the practice tests or simulator?
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    I thought boson only did CCNA and CCNP simulator? Anyways for the professional level exams I would definitely stay away from a simulator
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    What I meant was the simulations that come with the Exsim product... at least with the CCNA products.

I read in another post that there isn't much out there for the CCVP track... I called Boson to find out if they were going to upgrade the track. They said they were hard at work on the CCNP track and wouldn't attempt to upgrade the CCVP until CCNP was completed they said sometime in the fall. I compared the Boson CCVP to the Cisco Cert page here's what I found:

Test/Boson/Cisco
    QOS/642/642
    CVOICE/432/432 or 436 432 ending 7/26/08
    TUC/425/426
    CIPT/444/444 (This Call Manager not CUCM still a valid test)
    GWGK/452/453

Their last update to the kit was 06/06 but it's still the best offering out there. There's some planning to release more current stuff but nothing solid. Voipexam.com seems ready to release.

I'll probably go with the Call Manager track even though we are currently upgrading to 6.x icon_sad.gif