Options

Opinions on the New(ish) Cisco Learning Site

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys and gals,

I know it's been around for a little while, but what are the general impressions on the new Cisco Learning site?

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/index.jspa?ciscoHome=true

I've only really used it over the last few weeks and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the content so far for the CCNP and some of the CCDA stuff.

I think it's really cool that Cisco have created CBT like videos & slide shows that are free (after signing up with free username and password) to help you learn the material included in the exams. I've only checked out the BCMSN stuff but it's all good so far. The videos are up to 30min long contain powerpoints and are pretty similar to the CBT Nuggets.

I used the Cisco TV webcasts in the CCNA Prep Center to help pass the CCNA (which they still do) but I think the guys at Cisco have taken it to a new level with the content contained in this site.

In addition to the videos there are forums that people actually use to discuss topics in regard to the respective exams and practice exams (which I've seen on Nortel certification site but never on Cisco before unless you have a partner CCO login / learning map account), suggested lab setups, white papers and webcasts from Cisco TV etc.

Compared to the old cetification site and CCNA / NP prep centers which were great resources this site takes learning to a new level.

If you haven't checked it out already, make sure you do - very cool!

Malc